Marlin attacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin attacks!

Anyone see the video clip on www.foxnews.com where a marlin jumps on the guy fighting him. It is a 600lb marlin. Amazing no one was killed.
    Sarasota, Florida

So where is this at on Fox News??? couldn't find any links to it on their site
    Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

I'm surprised that someone watches Fox News. [;^)]
      \'81 21\' CC Mako[br]Beaufort, NC

Comment

They make it sound like the Marlin was intentionally trying to kill the fisherman, kind of like JAWS. FOX is a joke. I caught a 330 lb blue Marlin in Cabo, looks about the same size as the estimated 600lb Marlin. I think they were off by a couple hundred lbs.

It is an amazing video, kid is luck he didn't get hurt worse. The captain might want to keep the boat moving the next time he has a green fish so close to the boat.
        Paul[br]Plantation, Fl [br]1988 Mako 236 Inboard

Comment

Direct link?

Cant find...

Nevermind--found it.
          ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Looks like another canidate for a Darwin Award!!
            Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

I saw that on the news. I was thinking that the guide service that was taking the kid fishing had no idea what he was doing. I couldn’t believe that the captain of the boat would have backed onto a large Marlin with that much fight in him. Don’t you want to fight a fish down a little before you get that close?
              01\' Mako BayShark 2100[br]200 Optimax[br]Lakeland Fl.

Comment

Sorry, could not figure out how to post a direct link to the video. Look around the home page and you should see the link to it in the video section of the site.

The kids father is the one that made it sound like it was trying to attack his son. It was just a fish jumping and happened to take flight towards the boat.
                Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Goto the website and there is a video selection on the top right. Select this and it will launch "Free" Video window. Thanks FOX for the free stuff! Then select on the left side, "Only on FOX". The video is called "Fish Tale". It is a tale to be sure. Of note, I could not get it to load while selecting high speed, but it worked with low speed???
                  72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

A friend of mine who runs as mate on a boat I ran a couple of charters on came real close to serious damage at the end of the bill of a white marlin. As he was removing the hook and reviving the fish it got its tail under it and in one shake had driven its bill into his mouth glansing off of his upper teeth then sinking thru the soft flesh right into the sinus area below his eye. Talk about a nasty infection. Ouch.

PS Fox News is the best news on TV.

Comment

On some show about a year there wwas a lady who got speared clean through by some kind of large bill fish they even have it on video , the wild part is it pushed her breast implant into her lung cavity and they didnt realize it until several months later, they thought it had just gotten destroyed and it never showed up on any x rays. Talk about wild stories...

Comment

anyone have the link?
                        Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

I thought everyone watched Fox News Channel.[]
                          1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS

Comment

try this link. hope it works. black marlin down in panama. kid

was lucky...those bills are deadly...first one i ever billed

forgot to wear gloves....won't ever make that mistake again.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/g...?storyid=40489
                            91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

Comment

Working...
                            X