I got a new motor !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a new motor !!

Just got a 200 hp ficht on ebay. With the computer readout the engine is in great shape. Tested but in great shape. Cant wait to post my new numbers. I hope I will get 2.5 - 2.75 at cruse. Now I have to ship it to south GA from VA. Have any of you ever shipped a motor.

Who has the best rates. Ive got a loading dock and lift I can use. Im just ready to get back offshore. Steve ive got that foot still but I think its got a hub going bad. For sale 235 hp 84 rude actually runs good, just a little hard to crank sometimes and sometimes it will die for no reason. It has good parts on it though. I also have that powerhead from the other motor. Its got good parts also. Brand new powerpack..

But new a shipping referal..

Thanks guys

Patrick Barber
    1978 Mako21[br]2001 200 Rude[br](under the knife)[br]1993 Proline 241[br]Yamaha F225[br]

Glad to hear that, I wonder if Sailor can use your lower unit one the old motor?

My motor's were shipped AAA Cooper trucking line.

Comment

You got a good deal and a good motor - Great. But I don't know if I would trust someone shipping a motor that has alraedy been set up across a few states?? The factorys do a great job of crateing each motor in it's own indistructable metal framed shipping container for the Ahoes on the fork lifts. If I were you, I would take a road trip an pick it up. The distance from South Ga to Va isn't that far and could save you thousands in broken or unknown damage. Just my 2 cents worth -

Mike
      1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

I'll bring that motor to you if you want to give me your old one.
        \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Now that's an offer that you shouldn't refuse -
          1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Exactly! [] Seriously, if you haven't arranged shipping I can bring it down this coming week, if that's something you're interested in. I have a regatta this sun/mon/tues in the Solomons, but we can work something out when I get back, if you'd like.
            \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Patrick - I am definitely interested if you still want to work something out. Just let me know if you haven't made other arrangements.
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
              1985 Mako 20c - sold
              Fort Walton Beach, FL
              https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Patricks lower unit is a 25 inch model Is yours Sailor? if it is it would work fine and you know all the bolts would come off because they are fresh. dave.
                [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

argh.....mine is a 20" model. Oh well.
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL
                  https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Working...
                  X