115 hp yamaha 1986

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 hp yamaha 1986

This motor that pushes my mako 17 cc is giving me trouble, it runs well up to 3000 rpm but when I hit the gas it seems that it is getting gas for a second or two then it gets very little gas. It continues this up and down throttle. Sometimes I can shut the motor off then restart and it will run great. Can anybody HELP me PLEASE?

I hpoe my luck has not run out!

Start by checking all the ground's on the motor. Then check to see how it run's with the cowl off. Report back.[]

Comment

High-speed jets?
      \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Thanks Warthog, I'll check that out and get back to you

Comment

I'm sure you guy's are on the right track here, however, I have to have someone look at it. (marine tech)I took it to him today. I don't have the skills to do it myself. My guy thought the jets needed cleaning.

He's going to get into it tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

On another subject, should be concerned about the gas tank in the rig? almost 20 years old. the boat and motor only have 450 hrs on it, mostly fresh water at that.

Comment

should have tried to fix it myself, three weeks and they don't even have the [email protected]@#^% parts yet! I can't believe that it takes that long for a few carb parts. They say the parts won't be here till monday, I'm pissed!.

Three good weekends gone!!!!!!!

Comment

Well ok, I couldn't fix it myself, I was just venting.

Got her back last week. Total rebuild of carb and some other stuff $599.99 that hurt!! runs great now!!

Comment

$600!? Do you have something like 12 carbs on that motor? Unless you had a LOT of other stuff done, i'd say you got ripped.
                \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Andy,

one thing I know is that I don't know jack about marine mechanics.

I'll post the invoice tomorrow and see what you think.

Comment

I agree 6 bills is awfully pricey! I was going to take my 200 (87) Yami in for carb work. My Dad said - why not try yourself first? So I did - pulled the carbs, ran leader wire through the jets - cleaned any and all trash and WALLA - the engine ran GREAT!! Thanks Dad.

Sometimes it just pays to go out of your confort zone...
                    Steve 171 Mako[br]Jupiter, FL.

Comment

I agree 6 bills is awfully pricey! I was going to take my 200 (87) Yami in for carb work. My Dad said - why not try yourself first? So I did - pulled the carbs, ran leader wire through the jets - cleaned any and all trash and WALLA - the engine ran GREAT!! Thanks Dad.

Sometimes it just pays to go out of your confort zone...
                      Steve 171 Mako[br]Jupiter, FL.

Comment

OK, here's what they did: run on dyno

remove and replace fuel pump

Water test boat

overhaul carbs

flush fuel system

clean and check filters

re water test boat

final adjustments

parts fuel pump 40.27

carb& choke cleaner 6.23