Swim Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim Platform

My wife is putting on the pressure for me to install one of the small Swim Platforms with the little one step ladder. Wondering what some experiences are regarding these as well as what is considered a good brand?
    Bill Moore[br]Eden, North Carolina[br]\'81 Mako 21 Center Console

These guys have a descent price on a stainless/starboard platform:

http://www.fpmarine.com/

Look under platforms.
    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

I would avoid the swim platforms with starboard -- when wet it's slick as all he--. In stead, get one with a teak platform -- it'll have traction even when wet. I just clean mine twice a year with 2-part cleaner and don't worry about it the rest of the year.

Prop Blast
      Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

The fpmarine has the style I'm looking for. The only question is can the handrail that loops up to the transome be reversed from what is pictured? It needs to be a left hand rail to mount on that side of the boat. Nothing for it to mount to on the right because of the splashwell.

Comment

I have a port side Teak & Stainless unit. I'll sell it for $35 + shipping.

Comment

Warthog, if he doesn't take it I will as long as it will fit my 224. Don
            Don Flowers[br]Port Lavaca, Tx.[br]Mako 224 1985 \"Godspeed\"[br]Yamaha 175

Comment

OK let me know.

Comment

If Shag and Don don't want it I'll buy it and make it fit.
                \'81 21\' CC Mako[br]Beaufort, NC

Comment

Shagndj I'm waiting on word from you.

Comment

wart, how hard are those things to install? Should I avoid putting anything over the cover to my trim tab cartridges?
                    [br]1992 Mako 241[br]2000 Yamaha 150 HPDI\'s[br]Holden Beach, NC

Comment

There not bad, but I go the extra mile to overbore the core of the transom and fill it. Then redrill the hole. This keep's water away from the wood core. I thru bolt with a backing plate. These thing's can get a lot of weight hanging on them.

Comment

Warthog, You're on! What's the next move?

Comment

Explain what you mean by over-boring the core and filling. I Think I follow you, but what do you fill with and how much do you overbore?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shagndj

Explain what you mean by over-boring the core and filling. I Think I follow you, but what do you fill with and how much do you overbore?

I knew if I didn't go into the exact detail's, someone would ask. HeHe

The best way to install something like this is to follow these instruction's. Use epoxy/cabisol as your glue.

http://bertram31.com/proj/tips/sleeving.htm

I use it no matter if it's a composite core or wood core. It keep's water away from the wood core and keep's from crushing a composite core.

Comment

Good Information. Thanks Warthog5! And Thanks to the Bertram 31 site as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X