How to sell an older Mako?__Value??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sell an older Mako?__Value??

I purchased a 1977 Mako 25 with the idea of fixing it up and having a wonderful boat. As I've gotten more into the project I've realized I've bitten off way more than I can chew.

I'm in college right now and took out a huge student loan to purchase the boat. Now I've realized I don't have the time or money to fix and use this boat? I'd like to sell it and am wondering how to extract the most money from the rig.

The trailer is a 1997 Triple Axle aluminum bunk trailer. I just had it completely rebuilt to the tune of $1200+ dollars.

The twin 1987 counter rotating Yamaha 200hp engines were just completely gone over also and have good compression (125-130 psi) all around and run strong.

The boat has a a newer t-top, but is in very rough shape cosmetically and is now missing a few hatches.

If anyone has a minute to give me some advice as to how to extract the most money out of this rig to buy something more "turn-key" I would very much appreciate it?

I've tought of selling the trailer, motors, t-top and boat seperately. Putting some paint on it and trying to make some hatches out of seaboard or starboard? Putting a fresh coat of bottom paint on it to make it a little more appealing?

Thanks for your help,

Andy

I'll take it off your hands for $3,000.
    \'84 Mako 172[br](the money pit)[br]San Clemente, CA

Comment

Turnkey? Rowboat.

Mark
      \'73 22 Mako Reedville, VA

Comment

Sailor??? Where's Sailor?? []
        Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Working...
        X