Hurricane Dennis 7/10/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Dennis 7/10/05

I started a new thread to keep them frome being so long.

8:00 am Update.

We have light to med. rain. The wind's are not a problem, 15 to 20mph.

We still have the camera feed on the TV of P'cola Beach pier. A few waves are getting to the top of it. No blowout panel's have been knocked out yet.

I look for this this to get rapidly worse. By 12noon is high tide. I''m figuring all Hell will break loose between 12noon and 4:00pm.

I'm praying for you guys. Keep me posted. The bouys are clocking 33'+ seas 125 miles off Pensacola. Good Luck.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

At 9:20 The power flickerd once and then GONE.

60sec. latter the generator is online.[][][)][)]

Haven't lost the cable or the phone.

Comment

We have power at Dad's office....and DSL!!! The wind just kicked up and we are seeing gusts in the 50 - 60+ mph range. Amazing how many people are still out on the roads. We brought a TV and a DVD player and were watching movies.

We ran over to the house and I saw a really funny thing. One of the stores that was boarded was spray painted with the following: "Vote for Pedro". [:x)]
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Im thinking about you and yours all the time. I went through Hugo in 89 and saw what Charlie did last year. Im praying for all of you in the path. Keep your head down and be safe. Gary

Comment

12:47 We have limb's in the yard from the neighbor's. The wind is comming from the North right now. Just oppsite of the way Ivan blew thru.

Comment

Be SAFE and hold onto your ASS Bobby, it's comming right down your street
              Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

Nope, Sailor is going to get it. It's comming on land in Midway. That's between Gulf Breeze and Navare.

We are still getting wind's out of the North. that should help knock the storm surge down a little in Pensacola.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not at my house!!! I was just outside and the office back's up to a golf course. The wind was almost calm hear but you could hear and see it coming from all the way across the course and it hit like a ton of bricks sending me back inside. Lots of stuff hitting the roof but I haven't seen anything more than big limbs on the golf course out back. I did hear a really loud double boom that sounded like a big limb bouncing off something a little ways off.

There were two utility trucks across the street. One was towing a generator on a double axle trailer. Those guys are awesome and a little crazy.
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL
                  http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Good Luck Fellas

strick
                    Oakley, California

Comment

Were GOOD! One limb bent a piece of top rail fence. That's it.

Water preasure is Waaaay down. Generator is humming along.[]

Comment

good luck to all you guys.we went through 3 last year over here on the east coast.we lost power for 11 days then again for 9 days.it sucks, just stay positive.BE SAFE DENNY

Comment

Glad you fared well. Some didn't, but it sure could have been worse. I'll bet you're loving that generator right now. I'm amazed that you still have cable! Usually cable goes out before power. At least at my parent's house it does. We lost cable last week in Cindy long before power went out.
                          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Glad to see you guys made it through ok. We got lucky this time that it hit east of us!
                            Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Comment

I'm glad to hear everyone fared well, thank GOD, we'll be leaving Ga. i the morning heading back to Santa Rosa Beach, hopefully everything is still there, MAKO included
                              Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X