t-top question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-top question

I have a 1981 21, someone just offered me a brand new nice t-top. What kinds of differences will I notice, thanks for any input

quote:

What kinds of differences will I notice

What do you mean? Like speed loss? Maybe 3 to4mph off the top end.

Comment

Yeah I guess thats my question, mph and fuel

Comment

You'll notice how much more user-friendly the boat is, with shade, overhead electronics, and ever-present handholds. Then again, you'll notice how much of a pain it is to cast. [:x)]
        \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

I have thought of a T-Top many times in the last 25+ years that I have owned my '73 CC and every time I also think about how much I like the openness of a CC. If I need shade while I am bottom fishing or just sitting, I use a regular beach umbrella stuck in a CC rod holder. Works great - and no lost gallons per mile OR casting problems. Just another way to skin the cat -

Mike
          1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

The beach umbrella is a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. I was also considering some type of top to give the kids shade when anchored, but I'll give the umbrella a try.
            \'91 231 \"Tracy Lee\" (formerly known as TRIDENT)[br]Moored in Buzzard\'s Bay

Comment

What do you mean "offered"? Like, for free? Heck, take it, even if you don't plan on using it! If you don't I will! []
              \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

If you put the T-Top on, you will never go back. The extra rod holders, electronics box, shade, and hand holds will make you forget all about the gas. My friend has basically the same boat as me, but bimini instead of T-Top. It is a pain. You should go fish with someone with a T-top and see the difference.
                Paul[br]Plantation, Fl [br]1988 Mako 236 Inboard

Comment

Offered ??? If you don't want it, put me on the list !

Comment

Working...
                  X