yikes......here ya go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yikes......here ya go again...

hey all, looks like another bout with mother nature...dennis's projected path is fla pan handle {wart] and la coast [ring]. be safe and good luck .......jim[V]
    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Looks like I got lucky again in SW Florida, for now!

Comment

I just finished cross bracing the new boat port. cabled it down on the end's and middle with Big X's inside. Im done getting ready. Now it's up to God.[)][)]

Comment

I'm in the process of getting ready. Should be an all day affair tomorrow. Hope I have enough 2x4's![xx(]

I have 1 big window on the front of the house tht I won't be able to cover with plywood... Its got stucco around it and theres nothing to screw into... I may have to breakout the masonry bit and drill deep until I find something to get a screw into. Then come back and cover the holes after its all over. Next year I'll get a storm shutter put over that window for sure.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I've got all my plywood up on the windows and have the Mako tied down in the side yard. I have two lines on the front of the T-top, one on each side and one on each stern....just in case. When I put on last fall (after Ivan) I used 4200 so I could get it off for when I replace the fuel tank. I also have the two straps from the bow cleat to two 6 x 6 fence posts and each have about 200 pounds of concrete around them.

Like Bobby said, now it's up to God.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Be safe guys... We're pulling for ya. []

And hey... Take some photos of how you prepared. It could be good for the rest of us to see how you did it.

Heck... you know that we all like project photos. []
            Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

At 1:00 this afternoon I was watching the news and they showed pix's of the beach. The sky's were real dark.

I had been running the generator all morning with the break in oil still in it. I wanted to run it 10hrs total and change the oil.

When I saw the dark sky's on TV, I figured I'd better get busy.

It had 9.1hrs on it by then.

It was hot and sunny. By the time I finished 30min latter the sky here is dark and the wind's went from nothing to about 30mph.

Comment

1:40 afternoon and it's raining. I timed that just right. Everything is ready.

Comment

It's cloudy here in Navarre, the rain has past and it is HOT and muggy!!
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Same here now. I think I'll have another beer.[:x)]

I did hear where Santa Rosa co. Stoped selling beer.

It's a dry county anyway. Just beer & wine.

Gott'a keep all those redneck's in line over in Milton.

"Hey Billy hold my beer and watch this."[88][88]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Megabyte

And hey... Take some photos of how you prepared. It could be good for the rest of us to see how you did it.

Heck... you know that we all like project photos. []

Here is what I did with my boat.

I strapped down the bow with two tie down straps which are anchored to two 6x6 fence posts. Each fence post is buried 2.5 feet deep with 200+ lbs of concrete. (the trash can is tied to a fence post and the top strapped down. I didn't have time to cut the grass this week.) [8D] I also put some 6 x 6's and some scrap wood for supports mid way up the trailer frame just to give it some added stability.

I strapped down my T-top on all sides with two lines on the front, three on the back and one on each side. I installed it with 4200 last fall so I can get it off to pull my tank in the near future.

Here's a shot of my windows with the hurricane clips.

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                      1985 Mako 20c - sold
                      Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

My prayers are with you guys. We went through it three times last year so I know exactly what you're going through. Hope ya'll make it through alright.
                        Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

I bought about 200 of those clips. They are great, but they sure don't give them away. A pack of 20 is $30 at Lowes. I have some big ass windows and I really don't think I have enough clips. This week I'll have to buy some more.

I just got done cutting out windows and doors. I sawed up 36 sheets of plywood! I'm beat. I haven't put anyboard on the windows yet. Kinda taking a break and looking to see where its going.

I still have a few more windows and french doors to get plywood for. I think I need about 6 more sheets of plywood. I'm going to have to take inventory of the plylox clips that I have as well.

This morning I fooled with them for the first time. They are made for 1/2" plywood. All the box stores sell anymore is 15/32". The Plylox clips don't stay put making it impossible to get the borad and the clips to all go in the window at the same time... Each clip has a hole for a screw. I went to ACE this morning and bought 300 SS screws (#6 X 1/2"). Cost me about $9 after tax. At West Marine that would have easily been $50 worth of screws.

I have about $700 in hurricane prep so far this week. I could have bought a nice GPS unit for that! Oh well. We have roll down shutters on the master bedroom (North side of the house), but ran out of $$$$ for the rest of the house. I figure it would take about $80-90K to put roll downs on the South side and the waterfront side. One day we'll do it, but for now... Plywood will have to do.

Be careful Stephen. Keep us updated.
                          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Look's good Steve. That's about all you can do.

Comment

Eddie - all you have to do is crimp them with a pair of plyers. I only had 3/16" plywood and got them to fit fine....but they won't look near as good with stainless steel screws in them! [8D][8D]

My boat went through Ivan in the front driveway fine and was tied down in a similar fashion, but didn't have a T-Top on it. One thing I didn't get a picture of is my wife's truck in the garage. I have backed up to the door and stuff ALL around it. During Ivan it was pushed up against the bumper and still bowing in.

Bobby - I don't know about your house, but it sure is nice outside here. I just got done giving Sailor a bath since we will be inside for the next 24+ hours. [:-(][:-(]
                              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                              1985 Mako 20c - sold
                              Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X