93/94 263 WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93/94 263 WA

Does anyone know about these boats? Why did mako change boat after mod year 94. Was it a bad boat, or was it changed for sales purposes. The specs change very drasticly after modle year 94.
    [br]Burlington , MA[br]Previous Boats[br]25\' Mako CC 225 Yamaha (sold)[br]30\' Grady Marlin T/250 Yamaha\'s (sunk) [br]Current boats [br]10\' Zodiac 8hp Yamaha[br]15\' Whaler 75hp Merc[br]24\' Wahoo! EFS 250hp Merc[br]

Someone must have the answer. Wart, Ring, Artie, you out there?
    [br]Burlington , MA[br]Previous Boats[br]25\' Mako CC 225 Yamaha (sold)[br]30\' Grady Marlin T/250 Yamaha\'s (sunk) [br]Current boats [br]10\' Zodiac 8hp Yamaha[br]15\' Whaler 75hp Merc[br]24\' Wahoo! EFS 250hp Merc[br]

Comment

My best guess is an ownership issue. Isn't that about the time the old error ended and the new began? I'm not very familiar with the 263. Got any pictures? []
      Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

please excuse my lack of earlier communication I was on vacation to Nantucket island will try to get pics over next few days these 93/94 's are hard to find but I am very interested to find one. I like the bigger beam 9'6".

Comment

I found this mako in Seabrook NH on 7-29-05. It was tied up at Eastmans fishing boat docks. I think it is either a 93 or 94 . I really like the look of it. It needs a hard top with mounted outriggers .

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I really don't know much about them. There was a guy who came around here every now and then (mainly stayed over at THT) who had one. I think he really enjoyed the boat. I think he sold it a few months back to move up to a larger vessel.

I wish I had more to say, but thats all I know.
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I have her little sister a 1993 233 walkaround, hull#1.

Great boat allaround the 263 has a mid berth and a bigger head.

These were the last boats that the Family designed before ownership

changed.

Mine has had very little in the way of problems other than the

brochure says 165 gallons of fuel and the tank label says 140 gallons.

My guess is the tank label is the correct one.

Mako changed model numbers around 1995, the 233 became the 253, and the 263 became the 293 (I Think) they then addded a 243 which is a

smaller version of the 233 I have.
                    Apex NC [br]

Comment

Tide,

You may want to check with Hudson's Marine in Salisbury, MA (RTE 1) They're a Mako dealer (at least they used to be), they might be able to get a lead on a boat like that. They probably sold the boat you're looking at. Nice to see pictures of my old stoppin' grounds. I caught my first fish off of one of the Eastman boats.

Good luck

SB
                      Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

Matter of fact, I'm going down to Seabrook Friday for some night fishing. Looks to me that boat was on a moaring (skiff and the morning dew kinda gives it away) so it's got to be a local boys boat. They don't give moarings away (they get willed to the next guy) I'm fishing with an old salt that will know if it's local boat or not & I'll let you know. Are you from the area?

SB
                        Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

Holy Smoke,

Thanks for that info about the size change listing and info on your machine .I think im going to try to get one of these this off season. Though I may have to travel bigger makos are not very common up here in the north.

Saltyballs,

I live in dracut ma the boat has a sticker on it that say it was rigged by hudsons marine. I am sure that it is either owned by some one at eastmans or owned by someone they like because it was tied to their dock that morning and was still there when we came back in at 5pm . I originaly saw this boat back in june when I went out on a company outing fishing .

Comment

Working...
                          X