Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a '77 M23 cc?

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen much said about one of these. It almost seems to be an odd-ball year. I'm pretty happy with this boat but curious if anyone has any insight that could be useful. Thanks for looking.

Doug
    \'91 231 \"Tracy Lee\" (formerly known as TRIDENT)[br]Moored in Buzzard\'s Bay

I've got a 78 23cc. Odd-ball how?
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I've got a 78 23' cc also. Love it.
      1978 Mako 23[br]Port Chester, NY

Comment

I dont like the anchor locker setup--it wastes a lot of potential bow space.
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

By odd-ball I refer to the overall layout of the boat. From the pictures I've seen here and elsewhere. The console is different than any others and the layout of the deck seems less efficient. It handles great, just seems out of the mainstream. I notice that the three poeple who have responded have 78's.

Thanks for your time,

Doug

Comment

The console is identical to that used in the late 70s 21s, 23s and 25s. Also the 80s 235 and the 80s-90s 236 (inboard version) are essentially identical to the 78 23.

Comment

Doug,.

Post some Pics so that we can see exactly what you are refering to. I have a 1773 with no wasted space.
              Hugs Tug [br]2007 SteigerCraft 23\' Miami W/ 225 Suzuki[br]Former 1973, 23 Mako C/C with I/O[br]Mattituck[br]Long Island N.Y.

Comment

Hugs... Wow 1773, dont see many of those. Is'nt that what George Washington used to escape New York in?
                Plymouth, MA[br]02 Hydra-Sports 212[br][br]Sea Hunt 22[br]

Comment

Thanks all for checking in. I just spent a great day on the bay w/ the family. My wife had a heart attack last year when the boat appeared in the driveway, but she's coming around. I'll try to get some pics next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X