Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with a Question?

Hello Everyone!

I have been lurking on this site for a few months now and figured I would join to take better advantage of all the great info/advice.

I have a 1993 Mako 201 with a 200 Yamaha. It is a "Carolina Edition" and has a T-top (with E-box) and a leaning post. Has anyone ever heard of this model? I have looked/researched and cannot find anything. Great boat with the deep V, recessed tabs, and the big console.

I am sure I will be back with more Q's soon!

-Brad.
    Brad Earl[br]\"Hooked Again\"[br]1993 Mako 201 Carolina Edition [br]1993 Yamaha 200[br]Boston/Swampscott, MA

Send some pics Brad.
    Plymouth, MA[br]02 Hydra-Sports 212[br][br]Sea Hunt 22[br]

Comment

Brad,

Give me a call tomorrow. I was out in the tugboat all day today with the kids, but would like to get some good shots of the boats tomorrow if we have the chance. I promosed Jim at Arctek images of the leaning post and this would be the perfect opportunity.

D-
      Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Hi Brad,

In the early 90's Mako and some of their dealers came up with "special editions" that were regular Makos, but rigged with popular options for their given market area. Some of the most common options were T-Tops and outriggers. In Palm Beach, FL, Tuppens Marine called theirs, "Tournament Editions".

In the early 90s, the number one seller of Makos in the Carolinas was Pages Creek Marine in Wilmington, NC. I'm guessing your boat was purchased there. Pages Creek is no longer a Mako dealer (they switched to Pursuit in '97). If you've got questions about your particular hull, give them a call and they'll probably be able to answer your questions.

http://www.pagescreek.com

Tom
        Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

I will try and get some pictures soon. The interesting thing is the Carolina Edition is part of the Mako 201 placard rivited to the hull. Based on that alone, I figured this had to be a factory boat and not a dealer package.

Thanks for all the replies!

-Brad.
          Brad Earl[br]\"Hooked Again\"[br]1993 Mako 201 Carolina Edition [br]1993 Yamaha 200[br]Boston/Swampscott, MA

Comment

Brad I live in wilmington NC and have a good friend at pages creek. let me know if I can help.. [email protected] classic 25 Mako and loven it, last weekend 5 kings
            Carolinafishin[br]1978 Mako 25 CC[br]twin 225 rudes[br]Carolinabeach, NC[br]

Comment

Brad,

That engraving was done at the factory...the dealer just stipulated what would be done to the boat.

Tom
              Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
              X