Mako 23...A wake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 23...A wake?

Does a Mako 23 make a wake good enough for wakeboarding?

It's an inboard.
    Louisville, KY

not without adding several ballasts in the back. tried to pull a wakeboarder in my boat once and the wake just really isn't the same as a true wakeboarding boat. I also had a problem with the boat wanting to get up on plane once the speed reached optimal speed. Maintaining the optimal speed with an outboard was difficult as well. These were what I've noticed but my boat is a modified V bottom. A deep V could be a completely different story.
    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by HungOne

not without adding several ballasts in the back. tried to pull a wakeboarder in my boat once and the wake just really isn't the same as a true wakeboarding boat. I also had a problem with the boat wanting to get up on plane once the speed reached optimal speed. Maintaining the optimal speed with an outboard was difficult as well. These were what I've noticed but my boat is a modified V bottom. A deep V could be a completely different story.

I have an outboard, does that make a difference?
      Louisville, KY

Comment

What year/model is your rig, and with what engine?

I'd tend to think her not optimal for wakeboarding.
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Working...
        X