Opinions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted

I know they're like a$$holes, everybody has one, but now I want yours! My transom is almost done and now I can't decide if I want to continue with the rest of the boat or just get it back together and back on the water. Here are the facts:

1. Floor is rock solid.

2. Stringers, from what I can inspect, are in good shape.

3. I haven't inspected the fuel tank but I plan on it.

4. Although I'd love to get it back in the water this summer, I don't think it will happen (either with or without extra work).

5. Money is an issue, but if I go in increments, it doesn't seem to piss off the wife so bad. I keep telling her "when this thing is done you'll want to live on it". I don't think she's buying it though!

6. I'm concerned that my rock solid floor may not be so solid in a year or two and I'll wish I did the work when it was apart.

I know my brothers on this site have faced the same dilema, so tell me what you would do. I need some help.[xx(]
    Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Here's my 2 cents. Finish the transom and go fishing. Hurry!!! If the deck and stringers feels good they may last for many years. Heck, you may have a different boat by then. And,... if you have to do the floor this winter, the transom is already done, and as far as the tank is concerned. That's a winter job if it will hold. And again it may not go bad for years to come. Boats are for fishing, yes, if work needs to be done, do it, and do it right, but... If we started working on things that may go bad we would never get the darn things in the water. Don P.S. I may have said this, go fishing, whatever, just get out on the water. It will keep the wife happy also...
    Don Flowers[br]Port Lavaca, Tx.[br]Mako 224 1985 \"Godspeed\"[br]Yamaha 175

Comment

You need to get her (boatandwife) out and enjoy whats left of the summer. it will give you renewed purpose to finish up the details this fall and winter. meenwhile you will have a few fish in the freezer to tide you over. dave/ heck the floor is not rock solid in mine and I dont intend on doing anything about it untill I have. to.
      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

If it ain't broke...
        Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I agree with you guys. I'm Jonesin' to get her back in the water. BTW, my wife said tell those guys "I love them all". She loves it when you save us money!
          Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Working...
          X