mako 241

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 241

I am looking at a 91 Mako 241 with twin 200 Yamahas on a galvanized trailer for 10k. The motors do not match one is 91 and the other a 96. They both run, but I would like to replace them. I have located twin 2001 200 hpdi that I would like to trade the older motors in on.

The boat needs a t-top and only has a vhf. The question to you guys does this sound like a good deal? And the other question is why are there not more 241s on the market and were they a good model and was this a good year(91)? Also what are the potential pitfalls with the 241? Your input will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tomcat

Think of it as the mean 261's lil bro! IMO killer vessel,for 10k I would say if she checks out to be solid grab her.Keep in mind you are buying a hull...not a T-top and electronics. Those hpdi's would be a nice setup with 180gal of fuel and 200 pounds less than the 261 that baby sould get you there quick and not clean out the wallet for gas this summer! you will not regret buying
    Gulfport,MS

Comment

Good boat! Basically the 261 with 2' lopped off the cockpit.

10K is a pretty good deal. Realize you should be able to sell your old horses, the 96 is probably still worth a few bucks.

As far as no electronics, I see that as a bonus. The new stuff is so far ahead of what was out then that any electronics that would have been on it would have been worthless, though sellers dont quite see it that way.
      1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Sounds like a good deal if she is solid. If those motors are OK, you can get a few $ for them. Sell them, don't trade.

Comment

Better jump on that quick! If a deal like that had come around 4 years ago when I was looking at Mako 21's... Well right now I'd have a Mako 241 with a full transom!
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! The deal is in process and I will try and post the progress. I'll also need some input when it comes time for an electronics package. Any suggestions on Gps/chartplotter, fishfinder combo or not and probably radar as the boat will be used on the LA, MS coast? Also for you guys on the northshore area any suggestions on t-top builders? Again much thanks!

See ya on the water soon,

tc

Comment

Get one of those Furuno or Raytheon systems that has everything linked together. Thats where I'd spend some dinero, is on the electronics.

Comment

OFF topic, Tomcat where are you located?
                Gulfport,MS

Comment

Yes, sorry it should go to the electronics forum. Anyway I am in the Covington/Folsom area.

tc

Comment

Wow, we are practically neighbors compared to the rest of these guys. I'm in Slidell.

Comment

Mabey this might be of some help. I am the original owner of a 1988 Mako 261. I have had a Mako boat since 1972. The 241 is the 261 with 2 feet cut off of the rear. When I tested one I found to boat to shortchop. What I mean is that the loss of that two feet makes the hull want to some down harder and faster. The boat is a good boat and if it has been kept well it is worth the $.

Comment

Picked up the boat Sunday. Test drive was smooth,solid and very soft. Boat is being repowered with 04 2x200 Yamaha EFI. The take off motors will be sold 91 and 98. Went with Lowrance LCX 104C. T-top is being built by Blackfin Towers in Bush, LA. Hope to have it all together and shook down by end of the month. Can't wait to see some blue water and here some drag music!

Thanks,

tc

Comment

Working...
                        X