Just bought a 1990 Mako 261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a 1990 Mako 261

Rigged with Furuno Electronics, 2002 Yamaha 20 HPDI's, ttop, crowsnest, tarilor for $28k.....good deal I think.

So Jay,

Are you in this one alone or is Marshall in this one with you? Have you sold your Contender yet?
    SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

Make that 200 HPDI's....Yeah Cory...Marshall and I are partners again. Nice to be in something of the same size for less than half the cash.

Contender gone...thank God.

Comment

Operating costs?

Those are nice rigs...
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I like hearing about someone selling a contender and purchasing a Classic Mako. Down here contenders are everywhere and most of the owners think they are God's gift to water. The big Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo is coming up in mid-July and they have a random drawing every year for a 21 contender. My wife asked if I won (wishful thinking)would I sell the Mako and I replied HELL NO if I won that contender I would sell it and put a plate and new power on My Classic Mako.
          \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
          \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Makes sense to me. Be sure to post some pictures. Everyone here is big on pictures. Particularly for 261's.
            SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

If the engines are ridiculously high hour engines, and the electronics are fairly new, that's a good deal. Glad you upgraded from the 20s to the 200s. Would've been a long trip to anywhere without the extra HP... [88][] Good luck with the new rig.
              Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

The engines have 146hrs on them and 2 yrs of warrenty left. Boat was redone in 1999 with new electronics, ttop, crowsnest, outriggers, and electronics.[]

Comment

Did you buy this one in stuart? If it is it looks like a real nice boat.
                  Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Cool. I think I know the one you bought. Was it listed on Boat Trader? Maybe one day I'll finally get my 261.
                    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Yeah I bought the one in Stuart.......the guy traded it in on a 32 Regulator

Comment

I guess I will remove it from my "saved" boats in the trader[]

Good luck with it.
                        Sarasota, Florida

Comment

Working...
                        X