help me find a specific thru hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me find a specific thru hull

dang it, I've looked and cant find it. I got 2 drains for the floor (1 1/2" hose fitting) and 2 ball scuppers to cover the transom thru hull but I can't find the stinking transom thru hulls that I like. All I could find that matched the 1 1/2" hose threads was this darn nylon flapper kit. My only choice right now is to use the thru hull part of the kit and mount the ball scupper on it instead of flapper cover. It looks kinda frankinsteinish (sp?) since the nylon fitting sticks out about a 1/8" and it's a little smaller than the diameter of the ball scupper. Plus, I'm not sure if the nylon is going to be as good as a brass fitting?
    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Steven, at boaters world I found a 1 1/2" bronze threaded through hull for $21.99 Catalogue # 359070307 Hope it helps. Don
    Don Flowers[br]Port Lavaca, Tx.[br]Mako 224 1985 \"Godspeed\"[br]Yamaha 175

Comment

Hung,

I removed the brass thru-hulls for my scuppers, when I installed the Armstrong bracket, and have no plans to re-install them.

Am visiting my folks in Missouri at the moment, but when I get home in a week or so, I'll measure them to see if they may work for you.

OB1
      Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Don, thanks I'll look it up.

Steven, thank-you. BTW, what did you replace them with? I.E. how are you draining your deck now? Mine use to "drain" into the splashwell and than out the transom through some very small 1/2" bass through hulls. Did a very poor job. Now that the splash well is cut out and transom closed in, I need to install a real deck drain.
        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by HungOne

Don, thanks I'll look it up.

Steven, thank-you. BTW, what did you replace them with? I.E. how are you draining your deck now? Mine use to "drain" into the splashwell and than out the transom through some very small 1/2" bass through hulls. Did a very poor job. Now that the splash well is cut out and transom closed in, I need to install a real deck drain.

Hung,

Now that the transom is closed, I don't get enough water into the floor to cause any concerns. SO... I then opened the valves to the floor drains that used to be attached to the scuppers, and just let anywater which gets on the floor drain into the bilge.
          Since my boat is trailered, I don't have the worry over it sitting at the dock and filling with rain water. After a full week trip of fishing and family swimming, etc on Lake Powell a few weeks ago, having NEVER gotten any water out of the bilge with the pump, I only had a total of approx 1/2 gal. water which drained from the bilge, when I pulled the plug out after getting it back on the trailer.

OB1
          Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

wow, maybe I should try that first before I start drilling thru-hull's in my transom.....

Although, I remember times when I've been caught by thunderstorms or in really stiff seas and taking large quantities of water into the boat. Just not sure but I think I feel a little more secure knowing that the water on my deck is draining on it's own instead of relying on pumps that could go bad at the worst times.

Comment

Working...
            X