Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omc warning alarm

Hi guys I have an alarm on my 84 235.

The alarm is constant and comes on when you turn the key (before the engine is even cranked) to the on position.

Since last running the boat I have charged batteries, installed new battery switch, and pulled the foot and replaced water pump.

Help me please. Trying to make jeckle island for the 4th July.

Thanks
    1978 Mako21[br]2001 200 Rude[br](under the knife)[br]1993 Proline 241[br]Yamaha F225[br]

Hi Patrick - glad to see you back around. I think the constant alarm is the temp alarm. Did you replace the thermostats? Is it pumping out a steady stream of water?

I lost the gears in lower unit this weekend.....so now I'm looking for a lower unit but I've seen it done so I think I can change it out myself. [][]
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Sailor if you need any help with that Lower unit let me know, I've done it many times,
      Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

Hi guys how are yall.

Before the engine was even cranked after the foot was put back on, the alarm sounded. How many alarms sensors are there. I did pull a transducer wire through the chase, maybe i broke a wire on the harness. Another thing is that my volt meter on dash is acting funny. It used to swing and settle down around 12 v when the key was turned to the on position now it just instantly goes to 11 volts with out swinging, just instantly goes to 11 volts. This thing is driving me crazy. Im ready for that new 225.
        1978 Mako21[br]2001 200 Rude[br](under the knife)[br]1993 Proline 241[br]Yamaha F225[br]

Comment

On some Yahama motors, that alarm that is sounding could be a low oil alarm especially if the key is turned to the on position but the motor is not started or running. I know that if that motor mounted small oil tank drops below a set oil level (by an oil level sensor on that tank) a constant alarm will sound until: either the igniton is on long enough to have the oil pump automatically pump the oil into the tank OR I manually pump (by using the manual switch mounted on the motor housing next to the samll tank) enough oil into the tank to bring the float up to the sensor satisified level. Just another idea -

Mike
          1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Richard

Sailor if you need any help with that Lower unit let me know, I've done it many times,

Thanks Richard. I'm going to drop it this weekend (or at least try) and I'm looking for a used one around town. I got an estimate of $1800 for a remanufactured one - yikes! No way I would spend that on this engine.

Patrick - Is your VRO disabled? If not, could be oil, if so, then maybe it is related to it.
            1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
            1985 Mako 20c - sold
            Fort Walton Beach, FL
            https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Working...
            X