Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HERE ARE MY TWO CENTS GO WITH THE BUNKS MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER

Comment

Molding lead ingots is how I'd do it, Playing with molton lead can be VERY dangerous.

Comment

I was recently told that if you use ramps where you don't always have lots of water, go with rollers so you can winch it up.

I've used a roller and a bunk trailer under my 204 Grady. Since I launch and retrieve by myself, the roller has proven much easier to use.
        Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

I've got a bunk T. for my 94' 201 D Vee, and it works out ok.

I had the slick plastic skids installed on the bunks ( the wide one's ) and the boat comes on and off real easily.

The bunk trailers do require just a bit more water though.

Comment

I've got an old magic tilt trailer with bunks and rollers. The rollers run down the center line of the trailer and moves vertically up and down by a huge swing lever. I rarely us it but it does come in handy if I'm loading in skinny water and can't get the bunks low enough. Once I've wenched the boat up on the rollers, I can swing the lever forward and the boat comes down and rests on the bunks. The tilt feature has a joint in the middle of the trailor where the back of the tongue sleave meets the rest of the trailer. It allows me to pivot the back downward so I can launch in real skinny water.
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
            X