Power Loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Loss?

Last Saturday when I was trying to get out of a rip current I throttled up and the boat was a bit sluggish getting up on plane. While the rpm's increased the boat didn't move faster. The engine was over-reving. I slowed down to make sure engine wasn't cavatating in an air pocket, but when I incresed speed again she did the same thing, finally getting on plane and moving along. My first thought is a spun propeller hub. Any other thoughts or info would help. Thanks, Paul.

quote:

Originally posted by PaulZo

My first thought is a spun propeller hub. Any other thoughts or info would help. Thanks, Paul.

I'd say the same... most spun hubs will allow slow travel at high idle (but don't go faster...you'll just burn it!).

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Working...
    X