batteries relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries relocation

want to relocate batteries to console , idea on cable size ect also installing second motor how do you hook it up? might sound like a stupid question my last boat was installed at the factory in console. never had to hook one up myself.
    Carolinafishin[br]1978 Mako 25 CC[br]twin 225 rudes[br]Carolinabeach, NC[br]

depends on how big a boat you have and how long the run will be. I just ran 20 feet of 2 gauge welders cable from my transom to my console. I would have loved to of used tinned but 40 total feet of that stuff is pretty pricey. I have two batteries for my single motor (house and starting). If you are going to add a second motor, just double what you did for the single motor. I'd recommend 4 batteries as a standard. As a minimum each motor should have it's own starting battery.
    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by carolinafishin

want to relocate batteries to console , idea on cable size ect also installing second motor how do you hook it up? might sound like a stupid question my last boat was installed at the factory in console. never had to hook one up myself.

I just relocated to the console and ran 2/0 guage wire, a little overkill, but I got it a $2.00 per foot and it is marine grade. Cost me about $100 including the Magnalugs (10 total), 37' marine 2/0 wire and adhesive heat shrink. Moving 100lbs from the transom does help.

D-
      Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Working...
      X