starter for yamaha 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter for yamaha 115

Anyone know where I can locate a used starter that will fit a 1986 yamaha 115. Found after market new but pretty expensive . Talked to Hardcore Marine in Florida , local dealers just want to sell new.

Pete
    1986 Mako 224 twin 1986 Yamaha 115\'s - repowered with 2005 200 Yamaha HPDI[br]

Did you check here?

http://www.arcomarine.com/

Comment

pete

look in phone book under electric motor rebuild they can an will rebuild your starter better than new
      Slim[br]Lafayette [br]1973 19-6 Aquasport[br]An a few Makos[br]

Comment

Hey Pete, I agree with the rebuild option, I tried to find a rebuilt one myself one time and failed. Although I think I just bit the bullet and bought a new one. You never know how a starter has been treated. You could end up worse off.

I thought you were thinking about replacing the motors. If so, please let me know. I am looking at replacing my Suzuki 150, but have some time to rebuild.
        72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

do you have 2 engines 150 Suzukis or 1 motor.

The one engine with the broken shift shaft was repaired for $150.00 by a local Yamaha dealer - then the starter craped out.

I am looking to repower this winter

Comment

I have one '87 Suzuki 150. The engine runs well, but I would rather have 2 old engines than one for obvious reasons. I would be willing to rebuild them, but need to have some idea of what I am up against. Are you the original owner? I can definately wait until the Winter. I need to do some transom work, but will probably be doing that this Fall. That's when I need to make the final decision on re-powering. Just checking.

Comment

I am not the original -3rd. I am looking to replace them due to the corrosion not because they dont well. I bought the boat to replace the engines but they run great - look bad. Decided to run them again this year and so far so good except for the shift shaft and starter.

Comment

What details do you have? Hours, compression, pictures, ... what kind of corrosion? e-mail me if you can. Maybe we can work something out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X