Flooding Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding Problem?

I have a 1989 Evinrude 90 hp on my Mako 17. It had been runnig great, but the last couple of days it won't start on a consistent basis. Day before yesterday it would not start right up -- it acted as if it was flooded. I let it sit for 20 minutes and she then fired right up. Yesterday, I could not get it restarted at all after she fired up and we rode for 1/2 an hour. Seems to be a flooding problem, but I can't figure out what is going on. Any advice? TIA,

Chris
    White Stone, VA

Does your carburetor have a float valve? Just a guess...

-Pat.

edit - 26 Jun 2005 @ 09:44

The answer after consulting my OMC manual is yes. If it is consistantly flooding, then I'd say there is a real good chance that you have a float valve getting stuck or has debris build up in it.

If you pump your primer bulb, does it ever get hard? (meaning the float bowls are full and the float valves are engaged)

Do you smell gas when you pump the primer or crank the engine?

I'd start there and then move to other things.

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Working...
    X