Tef Gel__ Everyone need's this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tef Gel__ Everyone need's this

Working on these boat's enough and your bound to install stainless steel fastners into a alum bracket of some kind.

Have you seen boat's that have a lot of corresion around the stainless fastners?

This is the stuff that stop's it. If you ask for it at a boat store they will look at you funny.

I've done a bunch of serching for it and I've only found 2 websites that list it.

http://www.sailorssolutions.com/mast...duct&Item=TG01

http://wolfwire.com/tefgel/Tef-Gel.htm

I ordered 3- 1oz tubes and it came in the mail the other day. I put it to use today when I installed the cuddy hatch.

It's a little expensive, but a "little dab will do 'ya".[]

It comes with a neat little nylon brush that you can rub it in with. The packaging is excelent. The brush snap's right on the side of the plunger.

Been using it for about 10 years. It's the best, for preventing stainless bolts from galling, etc... It's a Teflon Gel made by a small company in Riviera Beach, Fla., named Ultra Safety Systems. A bit on the expensive side, but worth every penny when you consider the alternative. As you say, a small amount is all you need on a bolt.[] LoveMyMako

Comment

How does it compare to regular anti-seeze like I have been using forever on the cars? Is this better, or just another option? Or totally different? Im bolting the bracket on Monday or Tuesday so I gotta figure out what im using
      John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Comment

Well to start with it's cleaner.[] HeHe It's a white/clear substance. If you've used the silver antiseze you know it get's all over everything. Kind'a like 5200.

I'm going to have my brother machine me a bunch of Delrin flat washer's to install under the regular 1/2in stainless flat washer's when I install my bracket. I'll use the Tef Gell too.

The thing about this stuff is saltwater will not wash it away. I'm sure you have seen a bracket or motor mount in the past that is all coridoded. Everyone blame's saltwater for the corrosion. I belive it's the disimler metals more than anything.

Isolation is the key.

Comment

Working...
        X