Suggestions for splash well ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for splash well ...

Here's the deal ... fishing this past weekend and of course the fish were concentrated off the stern. so when we all went back there to fish, i started taking a few small waves over the splash well. Nothing serious, but sometimes, I'm in the Gulf and when that rogue 5-6 footer comes in that's nothing to laugh about. So ... how would you construct this ... perhaps a couple of braces made out of starboard and attached using 5200 - then a piece of starboard which will slide in to semi-block the waves. Of course, I need to leave a little space to let the fuel lines run through ... TIA for any suggestions. []
    \'94 Mako 211, \'99 Merc 250 EFI, speckled trout

Hammertime has reported back to me on the splash boards I built for him. He's pleased as punch.[] He said it has stoped 95% of the water he was getting in his splashwell.

They weren't painted yet, when these pix's were taken.

Comment

Those splash boards look great. My 79 21' gets very wet when we drift stern into the rip.

Since I am a new guy to fixing boats, could you tell me what they are built of and how are they attached?

Thanks

Paul
      1979 21 CC Mako, 2006 E Tec 225 Hp [br]Connecticut

Comment

These are built of 3/8in Devinacell core w/ 1808 and 12oz on each side. I added the extra glass because they hang out in the breeze so far. I just know someone is going to step on them.

That was som scrap that I had left over from my boat. I wouldn't build it like that again. To much time in them.

They are fastened with 10/32 machine screws into the alum frame around the transom. On Jimmy's boat it has a big alum band-aid on his transom, so there was another place to drill and tap.

I'd build them out of 3/4in Starboard next time.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

The great thing about this board is it gives me more projects to try.

Paul
          1979 21 CC Mako, 2006 E Tec 225 Hp [br]Connecticut

Comment

Working...
          X