maiden voyage after repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maiden voyage after repairs

After a long hard winter and countless frustrating moments the fish have started to show up and I wasn't completely finished with every thing I wanted to do to the little 17. Nevertheless,I put her back together and made the maiden voyage after replacing the tank,fuel lines,foam,tank coffin and rewiring.All went well except the live well pump leaked furiously. I put the seal on crooked so I fixed that after the bilge kicked on the float switch and water was screaming out the side.Then the motor started acting funny,when I throttled up,it was sluggish. Couldn't find the problem all day checked everything. I finally got frustated and started pulling my hair and just staired at the motor wondering what was wrong.And there it was the stupid spark plug wire was disconnected from the 4th cylynder.I felt so dumb,but I was happy it wasn't serious.She ran great after that.I was rewarded with some nice flounder for the day.I'm taking my son tommorrow for fathers day.happy fathers day to all!

1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Great looking boat!! I love that seat live well combo. Nice fish too.

Cliff
    Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Thanks SeaReel,I don't do much sitting but I'm looking for a small leaning post to go over the seat portion of the live well,One about 30" wide and 30" tall to the top of the cusions.
      1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

Looking Good, VB! I like the livewell too, where is your tackle storage? Also, did you get those flatties at the CBBT? Yum yum.

Mark
        \'73 22 Mako Reedville, VA

Comment

mchar I store most of my tackle in the old live well box,I put most of the fish I catch in the live well/seat combo,keeps the fish and bait lively for culling.Yea the cbbt 1st and 3rd had been on fire until this E/Ne kicked up but I'm looking forward to some good surfing this week once the winds shift offshore.Then I'll resume fishing.The cobia have started to show up and the reddrum fishing had also been preety good.

Comment

the 17 looks great VB nice set up
            Slim[br]Lafayette [br]1973 19-6 Aquasport[br]An a few Makos[br]

Comment

Working...
            X