Need shift cable help w/ Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need shift cable help w/ Suzuki

My DT140 seems to be rattling its shift cable loose inside the motor right at the (sorry it's early and I can't form a sentence) "thingy" that connects the cable to the shift arm.

Since the "thingy" is threaded so turning it one way will tighten down on both the cable and the arm and loosen both by turning the other way, it doesn't seem that locking nuts on either side will prevent it from loosening...only tightening. [?][?]

I only seem to have a problem with this as I idle back to the dock after going out for a ride and pounding it through the inlet. I have to pop the cover off, tighten it by hand, just to make it in all the way. Otherwise it will just drag the prop until I really juice it, etc.
    \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Andy, If I understand right, I think red lock tight will solve your problem.

Comment

Dang. I was hoping it would be something more complicated. [B)]

Is that a common thing to do? Or is it an "if all else fails..."

and hey! where are those pix of that bus?
      \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Working...
      X