Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak

The heat up her has been nasty. I noticed a small amount of water draining from the drain hole, water has not gotten into the boat so I do not know the source, it is not fuel just water. It cant be rain water getting in as it has not rained in days. This just started when the heat rose.

Could this be the foam expanding from the heat and squeezing water out in to the bilge?

Any thoughts?
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

You said it happened with the rise in temperature. Is your boat in the sun? It could be the "desert water-maker" effect. Basically as heat circulates, the water evaporates, condenses and drips to the bottom. But, that's just a wild guess.

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Pat

That sounds like the least expensive explanation to me

Thanks

Sean
      A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Comment

Maybe he isn't to far off - the inside of the bilge is cool and if hot moist air hits a cool surface it will condense into water drops. Enough drops and you from a stream. Don't forget you have all the mass in stringers, gas tank etc that is below deck and out of the direct rays of the sun so it will be cooler. When the humitidy is very high, it only takes 1 or 2 degrees to condense water vapor into water drops.

Mike
        1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
        X