1982 mako 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 mako 25

can anyone tell me why the 82 model 25 weighs 1200 pounds less than the 2005 model 252 ? If anyone has any experience with the 82 model 25 I would like to know how it is. Thinking about it for my first boat !

Thanks !

Maybe no wood being used in the new ones??
    Sarasota, Florida

Comment

That should make it lighter than the 05. What he said was just the opposite.
      Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Comment

The '05 252 has an 8'6'' beam. The '82 Mako 25 has an 8' beam. In my opinon the '82 is a great boat and would be an awesome first boat. They are fast and efficient.

Cliff
        Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

I'm guessing here. Hamertime's '88 254 has some serious glass in it.

11/16 hull thickness and the box's in the back are 1/2in thick. I have some core samples out of his boat. It's a brick [email protected]&t house.

Comment

I may not be correct, but doesn't the '05 have a euro transom.. I believe that could add to the weight factor, mabye..

Chris..[8D]
            Ocean Springs, Ms.[br]

Comment

Thanks for the input, The 05 model does have a euro transom, and between that and the extra 6" of beam, it probably accounts for the 1200 pounds, this is an awesome website, good people and good info. I will let you know if it all works out.

Comment

I guess I need to check my eyes or I am just reading to fast!
                Sarasota, Florida

Comment

You guys are driving me crazy[] I got the fever so bad after reading your post about makovers and repairs, I am having visions of baitwells, leaning post, t tops, fish boxes, anchor lockers, and I dont even have a boat yet ! Hopefully the banker(wife), will snub some of that before it gets out of hand !

Comment

Working...
                  X