Thank you Jim @ Arc-tek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Jim @ Arc-tek

I took the advise of others on this board and gave Jim a call about 3 months ago. I emailed several designs of a leaning post and after talking with him we designed a custom for my boat. I mailed a check and waited until it was done. I picked it up last week and was very impressed with the quality of work. The post is the best looking part of my boat and addressed my biggest concerns on the Mako 20:

-lack of storage - storage built into the post with a flip forward seat.

-no place to put my cooler - locates cooler underneath with a hold down strap under the post.

- lack of rod holders other than gunnel mount - 4 nice gold tulip rod holders in the back with a nice grab rail.

I'll be back down this winter for a T-top and will have it built to my specs. As others have said, anyone in the New England area looking for quality marine fabrication should look him up. I'll be posting images under the project section in the next week or so.

If you do decide to visit his shop (it was a 6 hour round trip for me), just be sure not to wear boat shoes, khaki pants and a golf shirt or you'll get picked on like I did..... Just kidding Jim -- great work and thank you.

D-
    Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

your welcome dave........good luck and enjoy........dropping a little chk in the mail to ed for the site......jim[][]
    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

Working...
    X