need a new red/green nav light lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new red/green nav light lens

the red/green navlight for the bow of my '79 23' inboard is severely faded so that you can't even tell the color when the lights are on. aynone have any leads as to where to get a new one. I went to mako's websight thinking that they would have a parts link but no such luck. any help would be appreciated. thanks

My buddy has the same problem and was stopped by the Marine Patrol because they couldn't tell the colors on his light. I'm not sure which light style you have, but one thing that might work is to get a replacement lense and then cut it to fit if you really want to keep it orginial. I personally just replaced mine with a new perko, but the one my boat was a large round style which ripped off when a line came out of the chock at the dock.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Untill you can find the light or replacement lens you want take a permanent red and green marker and give the inside (or outside) of the lens a couple of good coats. This will get you past the "Man" until you find just what you want. The original lights are rather large and it takes a large one to cover the hole. dave
      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

I got stopped by the State Marine Police years ago for a faded lense on my Marinium Bow light. I got off with a verbal warning. My first solution was red and green fabric paints on the inside of the lense. This worked great, as good as new, right up to the day when I dropped the lense overboard while changing the bulb 2 years later. There was no way I was going to do away with the original Marinium light, they are great looking. I could not find a lense anywhere so I bought a $12 Attwood bowlight and modified the lense with a dremel and viola good as new. While I was at it I replaced the light ficture inside the housing with the guts from the Attwood. I'm still all original.

PS. If you polish your Marinium bowlight with flitz then give it a coat of insulator wax it will be as shiny as crome all season.

Comment

Is this the one you bought? Replacement lens?

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...hts--post-8/82

Comment

Is this the one you bought? Replacement lens?

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...hts--post-8/82

Comment

Working...
            X