Warthog and more on fuel sending unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog and more on fuel sending unit

Still having issues with two new fuel gauges and tow new sending units. Both guages read full all the time, which would be nice but, definately not true. No shorts and are wired properly...

Tested the sending units outside if the tanks and the gauges worked fine... But in the tanks they read full? What's the story?

Do they require adjustment?

Thanks for the help.
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

They must be setup to the depth of your tank. Yes.

Comment

Hey Bob-

I forget what the exact formula is (probably varies by manufacturer) but when i installed a new fuel sending unit in my tank...I had to measure the depth of the tank and then cut the sending unit down by x inches.

You should have received directions with the sending units...if not, call the manufacturer and see if they can fax them to you.

Ed

Comment

http://www.tflx.com/PDF/99179.pdf

Comment

Stupid question: but are both tanks full of gas? If so then they are reading correctly. When I redid my tank a few years back I went with a electrical remote gage and for the last 2 years have had nothing but trouble with the darn thing. Just got finished installing a mechanical gage - no wires and an accurate reading throughout the full range from full to empty.

Mike
          1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

When I replaced my guage. (The bottom part rotates a magnet that rotates the site guage and the electrical sending unit)I had the same problem. The people at Redwing Boat Co. in Houston told me to switch the wires and it would work. And it did. With the sending unit in your hand the circuit doesn't care what is + or - but, with the sender grounded to the tank it does.
            OVER BUDGET[br]PEARLAND TX

Comment

Instructions! I read the instructions tonight[:I] Guess I shoulda done that 1st huh?

Didn't have any left over parts though!

Will measure the depth of the anks tomorrow and make the necessary adjustments...

hehehehe
              Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Doa! Bonk---Bonk---Bonk.

That's my head hitting the wall.

Comment

Working...
                X