Whats the deal with the********

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with the********

Have I missed this? In some posts, the word is replaced with asterisks ********. I used the word C*****e (it will blank this out so lets say a large country overseas that is Asian in nature) one time and it auto inserted *****. Is this an internal thing? Am I missing the joke. Help an old man out!
    Jim[br]Back-n-Black[br]1983 Mako 224[br]Davidson, NC[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37894

It's just part of the fun that we live with! Pat updated the software some time ago to block offensive words and that was one of the words that it blocked, although no one is really sure why. There is an eventual update planned....
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

it blocks ma chi nes too

mac*****
      Lindenhurst, New York[br]Please email me if you are seeking advice so that I can answer when I have the free time to devote to your question. Thank you.[br]www.raybomarine.com

Comment

ohhhhh I know now, it blocks "HIM's" name
        Lindenhurst, New York[br]Please email me if you are seeking advice so that I can answer when I have the free time to devote to your question. Thank you.[br]www.raybomarine.com

Comment

I asked our gatekeeper about this since I was trying to use the c h i n e s word in several postings. It has to do with a person's last name who was causing trouble for the site, so it has been blocked.
          \'69 Mako 19 \'08 ETEC 115[br]\'82 Tiara 25 Rebuilt \'91 Yamaha 250[br]Nantucket, MA[br]Ventura, CA[br]Gone but not forgotten: \'69 Whaler 13 Evinrude 33[br]

Comment

yes.... He who must not be spoken of....... [][]

dave
            [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Oh...I see! Thanks for the clarification. He who must not be spoken of must have been a real fu****. []
              Jim[br]Back-n-Black[br]1983 Mako 224[br]Davidson, NC[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37894

Comment

I just did a test of a bunch of potty words.

A few got through, it also turns f-bombs to friggin.
                [br]

Comment

Working...
                X