Crazy dads' Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy dads' Idea

Well everyone has that crazy dad syndrom at some point in their life. My father is at his peak, today he purchased a 24hp diesel pressure washer thing. Mind you this is only needed to clean the tractors we have on our vineyard. Needless to say, its a bit over kill. well today when I was outside playing with the boat I tested it out on cleaning the trailer. And as you can imagine it could do almost anything but cut the trailer in half.

He is where the part of my story that matters comes into play. I asked my dad what he planned to do with this thing in between the two times a year he is going to use it on the tractors. He told me I should make some money with it. His suggestion is to sit at the boat ramp with 1000 gallons of water in the tanks he has munted on the trailer and rince the boats after they come out. Now being a son, ofcourse, I could not admit to him in any way this would abe a logical thing to do. But after I walked off I got to thinking it just might actually make a poor college kid some money some how. I was wondering what you all would think of a deal like that.

If you would even be welcome to the idea, what else would you be interested in. I have this little 19' Mako thats wants to strut her stuff and if I could make money sitting outside enjoying the life and gettin paid to rinse down some boats I think I would enjoy it.

Now if you think its a crazy idea I can place all the blame on my father, but I must admit with all the lazy americans around I might be able to make a buck and get that 2006 135 honda on the 19 a little faster

So what do you think of the idea?
    John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Sounds like a great idea to me! Every time I'm at the coast I see boaters in line at the car wash to wash off their boats. You could charge a premium, but would probably need the marina owners permission.
    Houston, TX[br]1975 Mako 23

Comment

I think it's a good idea. What about charge a premium and ask the marina owner to give you exclusive rights to the area and washings with set hours. If the owner is hesitant, offer him a percentage of the earnings or a flat fee ($25 or so). After someone launches their boat, for a small fee you could offer to do a quick trailer rinse to get the salt water off the brakes, wiring, etc. and then rinse boat and trailer upon take out for about double.

Nothing to loose really trying it out for a couple of sunny days. [8D][8D] Have fun!
      -Bizz[br]1985 20C[br]Charlotte, NC

Comment

I would definately pay to have someone rinse my trailor off ater loading/unloading in saltwater.
        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Wow the old man has come up with another good idea. So now the ever more important question is, how much would you pay for just the trailer? And then the boat. Im assuming charge by the foot or maybe a flat fee?
          John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Comment

not sure about other but $5 to cover the round trip both in and out on the trailor only. I'm less concerned about the boat hull than I am the trailor.
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

I'd thought about this awhile ago...

I'd pick up a used Asplundh (tree trimmer) mega-truck (the ones with the 44" tires that are ~30" wide) that has a cherry picker. I'd pick up boats with the cherry picker and wash them off with the pressure washer. []
              \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Working...
              X