trailer for mako 241B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer for mako 241B

My boat is in orange beach AL, I'm looking for the best deal on a new or used all alum trailer.

Thanks for your help

Steve

I got mine from Brad in Panama City,Fl.

http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/

He has a satilite lot, set up in Milton,Fl. It's on Hwy 90.

It's somewhere close to that goof ball English that sell's boat trailers. Don't buy nothing from that guy!

Be sure to tell Brad I sent you.

Comment

I may be selling my trialer. twin axle Loadmaster rated to 8600 lbs. 15" rims. All aluminium frame. I replaced the springs and hardware last year with all stainless hardware. Brakes don't work and it needs new tires and lugs. Galvinized rims in good shape. New LED lights. I am upgrading to a 10000 lb 3 axle model.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll work up a sale price. I'm in Gautier, MS and can deliver it to you in Orange Beach on my way to pick up a new one.
      Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Thanks for the help I will be calling them monday. I would take you up on that used trailer but i am looking for torsion bars. Do you know about how often you have to replace those torsion bars.

Thanks

Steve Dyer

Comment

Good question. I would like to know too as I'm gonna replace mine with a torsion bar setup.
          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Artie, if you go with the 10000lb capacity you may never half to replace the torsion bars.(I think you have to replace the whole axle anyway when a torsion unit fails.) Your new trailer will be very comfortable with Rude Attitude sitting on it. dave.
            [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Hey Artie,

When you get ready to sell let me me know. That is if it isn't spoken for already. Question? Why sell a perfectly good aluminum trailer, unless you plan on doing a lot of highway travel?
              Ocean Springs, Ms.[br]

Comment

You hit the nail on the head there Chris. Highway travel. Same reason I got the truck.

Ever since I put the bracket on, I can't get quite enough tongue weight for the Duramax. The light tongue weight was good for the Z71 though. With this trailer, I just can't get forward enough to level it out right. I'll let you know when I get home on the price. I really haven't researched a fair price for it on the market these days. You're first in line if you want it.

You gonna be able to fish after the 17th? We need to plan a trip whatever days you are off that week.

Comment

On a buddy of mine's trailer he had a guy who was good at math run some numbers and he moved the axle's back about [12in or 18in?] He had to move the fender mounts too. This fixed the toung weight problem.

Comment

MakoSteve - I have a neighbor (in Mobile) who shopped the Gulf Coast for an aluminum for his 23 Proline and got the best deal from the already mentioned guy in Panama City. For him it was woth the drive.
                    \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                    \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Working...
                    X