Mako tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako tournaments

I went to several of the Mako tournaments in the early 90's at Walker's and Crystal River. The guy running the show was named Bill and he worked for Ande. Anyone know where Bill is and/or if there is any intention to revive the owner's tournaments?
    1979 18 Mako Backcountry[br]1991 Mirage 29cc \"Tuner\"[br]Gainesville, FL

Wahoo - check out the Manasota Mako owners club at www.manasotamako.com. They put on the annual Crystal River event.

PS - You don't want to see me in any video. Trust me.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

You're right about the video, Daddy. it was not you we were interested in!![]

Comment

Hoo

Bill Munro was the person who ran the Mako Tournament and Funaments. You're right he was a senior guy at Ande line. he was involved until about 2 years ago when he retired from Ande.

He was one hell of a nice guy and a good friend to all the Mako people ( read that owners). As far as I know he still resides in Florida.

After he left things went down hill from the Tournament end. Sure could use a guy like that back at the Mako digs in order to get a little action.
        Capt. Vic[br]Six O Stretch 261CC T200 Js[br]Glimmer Glass/ Manasquan/ Milltown, NJ[br]<i></i>

Comment

He's the one, a great guy and consumate funament director. Those events were loads of fun and very well attended. Mako would do well to revive the tradition.

Comment

Yes, I was just down at Ande and saw Bill last month. He did not retire and is still at Ande Line. They are in West Palm Beach Florida. The only effort to have Mako Tournaments is by the local clubs. There has been some talk of a once a year reunion tournament. I will keep you posted.

Comment

I've been saying that I'd like to go to a Mako owners tournament... But I gotta finish the boat first! I'm beginning to think I'll never finish.
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I used to go to those tournaments/funaments all the time when I was a kid, especially the Boca Grande/Captiva one. They used to be all over FL, and they were a good time.

Someone just needs to step up to the plate or I guess that each local club could do their own. Don't count on MAKO for anything!
                1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Ring,

You have a few more months than I do, your baby is not due in June!!! Talk about pressure. I know if I am not done by June I am looking at the fall or even next spring before I get the boat back in the water.

The trade off is well worth it.....Once I see that little girl for the first time I am sure I will forget about any other problems. Cant wait.
                  Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

Working...
                  X