Optima vs Interstate battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optima vs Interstate battery

Anyone have any information or experience on Interstate or Optima Batteries? Which type of battery is better?

Thanks

Dan
    Dan[br]Pass Christian, Ms[br](currently in Slidell, La since that little thunderstorm in 05!)

From my car audio experience I would go with the optima no doubt. I saw a regular battery and an optima next to one another with the tops cut off.. No comparisson optima was much beefier.

I always herd about those gell cell batteries. I have never used one but I think its worth looking into. Im just going to stick to the optima blue tops my self.
    John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Comment

Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) battery technology has outpaced flooded cell technology by a long shot. Due to their capacity, safety, toughness, and true 'maintenance free' design, AGM's are the battery to have in the marine environment.

I have an Optima red-top in my Jeep, and a pair of Optima blue-tops in my boat, and I've never had a moments trouble with any of them.

If you are shopping for AGM's, also take a look at the 'Lifeline' brand. A little different design, but still a very good battery.
      Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Thank you both for the reply. I did buy the Optima blue top. I found the optima on the Interstate web site - I thought they different companies & maybe they are.

"Buy new batttery" -- another item removed from the long to do list.

Thanks again

Dan
        Dan[br]Pass Christian, Ms[br](currently in Slidell, La since that little thunderstorm in 05!)

Comment

Working...
        X