what's it worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's it worth

I am thinking of selling my 1986 mako 224 with 1986 twin 115 Yamahas, aluminum tandem trailer.

Boat is in decent shape. Bennett trim tabs, Penn downrigger, outriggers T-Top mounted. Boat is located in South Carolina. I want to move up to a 28' Mako but will sell this one first.

Thoughts on a good price range to ask

Photo below

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c/MVC-011S.jpg
    1986 Mako 224 twin 1986 Yamaha 115\'s - repowered with 2005 200 Yamaha HPDI[br]

9-11k I'd think...
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Nice boat !! if she runs out well, engines check good, etc.......ready to go, I would not take a penny under 12.

Comment

Really? Even w/ 86 engines and minimal electronics?
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

It has 2 x 1986 motors.....if they are strong.......IMHO I think it will bring real close to 12. the entire rig would have to be a strong 8 on the 1-10 scale, turn key. Electronics ? I feel they only help sell the rig, not add to the value.

Comment

I would have to agree with the 12k mark myself.

Especially if she's clean and the motor's run well and have good compression.

If you were in the northeast I would give you 12 for it tommorow provided it was clean.
            1982 224 w/200 \'Rude[br]Andover, CT

Comment

Value of the boat is whatever someone will pay. With many boats, that seems to depend on geography. Used Makos fetch a higher price in the northeast than the southeast. Not sure about the midwest.

The age of the engines is an issue -- period. While they may run fine right now, they're at a point in their lifespan where they could die any moment. Here in Florida, those engines would have no value.

Electronics that are more than three years old have little or no value. But if they are functional, and meet the buyers need at the time of purchase -- good for them. It saves him or her from having to spend $500 for a new bottom finder or GPS/Loran.

If this were "The Price Is Right", I'd bid $8,000...
              Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
              X