Fuel check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel check

Is there a way to actually test fuel and it's mixing ratio? I have 40gal of gas in this tank and would hate to just dispose of it not knowing if it's good fuel or not.
    Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Smell it, if its rank or smells like varnish get rid of it. if the fuel is blue colered it is premixed. If you have a older tractor or lawn mower you can use it in there sparingly. My old John Deere loves old pre-mix fuel. Heck its happy to just be alive. dave
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

I had a friend in Alaska who burned his old pre-mix fuel in his Chevy Z-71. Thing seemed to love it!

-Pat.
      18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

My only consern with putting this stuff in a late model auto, is the cataletic convertor. Don't need that stopped up.

Comment

I dumped fresh fuel on top o some that sat after I smeeled it and looked at it, I also changrd the seperator filter, which I got at napa, I will probably cange it again after a tank full of gas or 2
          Time Flies 79 25\' mako Marathon Florida

Comment

Working...
          X