FAVORITE OUTBOARD__WHATS YOURS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAVORITE OUTBOARD__WHATS YOURS

LETS SEE, WITH ALL THE NEW MOTORS OUT THERE, 4 STROKES, E-TEC, VERADOS AND ALL THE OTHERS, LETS GET SOME OPINIONS OF WHAT YOU ALL LIKE, IN YOUR OPINION WHICH IS MORE DEPENDABLE,DURABLE,EASE OF MAINTANANCE, OVER ALL PERFORMANCE, FUEL ECONOMY I THINK THIS WOULD SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT FOR ALL THOSE THAT ARE STILL WONDERING WHAT TO PUT BEHIND THEIR OWN MAKOS. VOICE YOUR MOTOR

I still love OMCs. As much time as I spend on the water and after many OMCs I have yet to be stranded. If I were to buy a new motor, I would have to go with an e-tec. I talked to a guy last week with 2 e-tecs on his boat and is thrilled with the economy and performance. I personally wouldnt go with a Verado due to the amount of moving parts.

Comment

Not that I speak from experience, but I'd LOVE to unbolt my carbed yam rustbuckets and bolt on a pair of etecs.

Personally, I am not a fan of four strokes. They dont have the go of a 2 stroke, and from what I'm seeing, the economy of the newer 2 banger DFIs exceeds that of the 4's...
      1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

My personal favorite....the one I could afford.

A carbed 2-stroke Merc. 150. []
        Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Any one that gets me home!
          Pete[br]MaColAh III [br]93\' 261b[br]HO 200 hp ETEC\'s[br]Cape Cod[br]

Comment

Hey if I had to replace my motor, which I don't, I would be inclined to stay simple, 2 Stroke Carb Johnson. it ain't fancy but it works. Besides everytime my annoying yuppie neighbor has a BBQ I love to start up the Evinrude and blow a little blue smoke around.[:u]
            A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Comment

I love it! fire that sucker up and listen to it talk.. RRRRUN,RRRUN,NUMBNUTS,[:x)]

Comment

I like the loud throaty sound of my 225 Merc EFI. If I was to repower something today, I think I'd lean more towards the 250 Optimax XS or the E-tec. Suzuki and Verado both have promise. The Suzuki gives alot of bang for the buck.

All the true colors of these new motors will start to show up long before I am in the predicament of purchasing a new motor.
                Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I think with new technology, you can't go wrong, except in the pocket book area. Motors are being built to a new standard these days and I beleive they will mechanically last longer (foots, blacks, etc...). But there is something to be said about the old carbed engines. If I'm 50 miles out now and one of my motors go dead, all I can play with is fuel and battery power. With the carbed engines, pull the carberator off, check spark plugs, hit it with a hammer.... It'll work again eventually...[]

But, if you really want to know what I want....

http://gov.evinrude.com/communicatio..._MFE_Final.pdf

These things will burn banana and orange peels for power and they are submersible. []
                  Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

HEY RUDE ARE THOSE EVINRUDES ONLY FOR GOVT ISSUE

Comment

I have no idea. There has to be a reason the dealers don't push them, at least as a deisel option.
                      Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

RUDE IVE BEEN LOOKING AT PICTURES ON THE FORUM AND YOUR BOAT LOOKS REALLY REALLY GOOD I HAVE A 221-B W/ A 200 MERC AND IT RUNS TOO SLOW ABOUT (35-37) HOW HAVE THE E-TECS BEEN TREATING YOU HOWS THE PERFORMANCE

Comment

If I could find a motor that runs on used beer life would be good. Until then my old merc is doing just great.

SB
                          Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ktugboat42

Any one that gets me home!

Anything that gets me AWAY id="size4"> from home!
                            \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

When it's 2 in the AM, I'm 5 miles out of Moriches and some snot has kicked up I want simple simple simple
                              A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. [br]Northport Occupied NY[br]1989 191 w/120 Evinrude

Comment

Working...
                              X