Fuel tank & Insurance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank & Insurance...

So I was thinking...this is a long shot, but is it plausible to link eventual fuel tank failure to foam that was soaked during partial submersion (the repairs from which my insurance company has to cover)?

The tanks are fine right now, but I woke up last night worrying about them deteriorating in the face of the aft end of the boat sinking.

The claim will be left open so that should any long-term issues arise that I feel are related to the partial sinking I can attempt to have them addressed.

Do you think I could make a case here, or no?
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

IMO, if the foam was saltwater soaked and the aluminium tank is in contact with that foam, it's just a matter of time before the corrosion eats through the tank. Many here can attest to the same thing. Tank replacement has a big "HELP" showing here, as it did with me, for issues like this.
    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Oh I agree completely...

But do you think my insurance company will?
      ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Spoke with Progressive, and they have said that should corrosion become evident down the road they will atribute it to this accident and pay for fuel tank replacement.

I'm sure I'll have to foot a little bit of the bill ($300-500 or something around there), but this makes me pleased.

Comment

I'm sure you know this but here is the reminder. Get it in writing and don't just rely on the phone call. If they won't send you a letter, send them one certified with your understanding of the conversation.
          -Bizz[br]1985 20C[br]Charlotte, NC

Comment

Working...
          X