Mako out of Freeport, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako out of Freeport, TX

I just found the boat that capsized out of Freeport, Tx. it is just a couple of miles from me. I went over and looked at it on the trailer. I spoke to some neighbors and said they were friendly people and would let me look at the boat and ask questions and take pictures when they are home.

Would anyone be interested in pictures of this Mako and the story of what really happened? I think it was a 25 or 28 foot boat. With twin engines.

I will try to swing by tomorrow evening and catch them home.
    Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

I'd alway's like to hear "The rest of the story", unstead of

60 people speculating of what went wrong.[:u][:-(][(#)]

Comment

ditto warthog's comments. speculation and rumour do a lot to hurt

reputations.

hey larry did you ever get that 1 1/8" bilge hose? i'm trying to

find the same and am having no luck. need 3 feet.
      91 17 standard[br]mt pleasant sc[br]115 yamaha[br]got mako?[br]

Comment

I agree, I'd like to hear more. They never found those guys did they?[]
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

mtpleasantmako Yes he got it. he cut what he needed from the roll and I bought the rest. I used some on Hammertimes boat and have the rest for my boat.

Comment

LARRY, I WAS ASKED TO INSPECTED THE BOAT SHORTLY AFTER THEY RECOVERED IT. AND QUESTIONED FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS. I CAN TELL YOU WHAT A BOAT DEALER AND I FOUND. SEND ME AN E-MAIL AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE # I THINK THE FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH. I WILL DO THE SAME FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW.
            OVER BUDGET[br]PEARLAND TX

Comment

Joe,

As Bobby said I got the hose and cut off what I needed he has the rest. If he cant spare any I will send you the web site where I purchased.

Comment

Larry Smith, we are very interested in getting pictures of the split on the keel of the Mako you saw. Please let me know. villagordi

Comment

Larry,

Email me with what you found. The guy I bought my motor from said he was a good friend of his and in fact just put those motors on that Mako. My beach House is outside of Surfside and I launch out of Bridge Bait and Tackle, Where they launched from.

Brian

[email protected]
                  Brian Dunwell[br]Houston, TX[br]1982 Mako 213 \"Makover\"

Comment

Sorry guys,

I will not be posting any more information about this boat. It looks like it will be a very sticky legal mess involving a minor child. I dont want to get suck into the mess.

Comment

Working...
                    X