Noreaster Damage- At Marina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noreaster Damage- At Marina

Here are some pix of the Marina damage lsdt weekend. Most ofg the boats have been pulled.. It was really pooring this morning and I didn't have lots of time for pix.

What you don't see is 4 boats that are completly submerged.

Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Those sailboat's need to just have some glass slaped on them and paint Shark's mouth's on them. HeHe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

Those sailboat's need to just have some glass slaped on them and paint Shark's mouth's on them. HeHe

I was just starting to remember those feelings from Post Ivan....until I read Bobbie's comments!!! [:x)][:x)][:x)]
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Ouch! That bites [:u][88]
        [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Harsh!! Mother nature has had PMS lately hasnt she?

Comment

Looks like an insurance nightmare to me...
            18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Hmmm... wooden docks. Do you know the company that built those?
              \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Not sure, I think they were built on site. The marina is only 2 1/2 years old.

Here is a link to the Marina where I keep my boat..

http://www.maineyacht.com/
                Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

I know I'm gonna hear about this... but most wooden decking/internal truss dock systems are the same. There might be a nameplate on the docks in various places. I'd really like to know if it's Sullivan, Radisson, Merco, Shoremaster, etc.

We're opting for Bellingham it looks like... precast concrete. [^]
                  \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

I'll take a look when the marina reopens and let you know.

Comment

Thanks... our marina owner is wary of concrete... but this should be enough to sway him.

Comment

I'm a little late for this post, but better late than never. Around here there were roughly 10-15 boats that went on the rocks between Beverly, Salem and Marblehead. I watched as they pulled 30+ footers out with a Gove crane and hydralic trailered them out. I was surprised by the number of boats since 80% are still land bound due to the 5 weeks of rain we've had. I'm weeks behind and the boatyards are running about 3+ weeks behind. I guess this was a good thing.

David M
                        Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Mubiks,

I finally had a chance to ask what kind of docks are at the marina."Sullivan" is the name brand of the docks, Seems the damage may have been caused by their "lack" of movement. 1st time any marina up here tried them.

Looks like I'll have to find another marina for this year.

Bob

Comment

Bob, thanks a bunch. That's the company my boss guessed. One thing odd... there are no anchor pilings??? Are the docks moored, instead (underwater cables leading to big blocks of concrete or screw-type moorings)?

Comment

Yes, those are floats--moored to the bottom essentially, which is necessary up here to deal with 7-12ft tidal swings.
                              ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X