Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear those who INSIST on powerloading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen a ramp in NJ where the end wasn't undercut by the currents. It has little if anything to do with people powerloading. Just don't be stupid and let your wheels go off the end of the ramp.

Comment

I've never seen a ramp in NJ where the end wasn't undercut by the currents. It has little if anything to do with people powerloading. Just don't be stupid and let your wheels go off the end of the ramp.

Comment

Power loader here.
        [br]1994 241 dlx twin 200 efi merc\'s[br]1995 181 flats 175 ocean pro (given to my dad)

Comment

Power loader here.
          [br]1994 241 dlx twin 200 efi merc\'s[br]1995 181 flats 175 ocean pro (given to my dad)

Comment

Power loader here.

Comment

Power loader here.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by FLAnative1

would this be a good or bad example? looks fine to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVift...eature=related

I can do this with my 21, its just a matter of velocity []
                Steve[br]Naples,FL.[br]1978 Mako 21 1994 200hp Johnson[br]Last Project: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=0.6&TOPIC_ID=41768#310470[br][

Comment

quote:

Steve[br]Naples,FL.[br]1978 Mako 21 1994 200hp Johnson[br]Last Project: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=0.6&TOPIC_ID=41768#310470[br][

Comment

quote:

Comment

• Funny topic. Power loading only makes sense when you have two or more people on the boat. I often fish alone and power loading wont get you out of the water any faster then just winching it on the trailer. You still have to dock the boat...go get the truck... back the trailer down the ramp....get out of the truck....drive or pull the boat up to the trailer and then latch it to the winch.

People need to have a little patience at the ramp. I don't like waiting around any more then the next guy but some people are beginners and are learning about boating etc.... what gets me is the guys that are getting all their stuff ready in the boat while blocking the ramp [V]

strick
                      Oakley, California

Comment

• Funny topic. Power loading only makes sense when you have two or more people on the boat. I often fish alone and power loading wont get you out of the water any faster then just winching it on the trailer. You still have to dock the boat...go get the truck... back the trailer down the ramp....get out of the truck....drive or pull the boat up to the trailer and then latch it to the winch.

People need to have a little patience at the ramp. I don't like waiting around any more then the next guy but some people are beginners and are learning about boating etc.... what gets me is the guys that are getting all their stuff ready in the boat while blocking the ramp [V]

strick
                        Oakley, California

Comment

strick
                          Oakley, California

Comment

• I am usually by myself or with one other person. I use a roller trailer with both my 224 and our 17 Key West in Florida. Technique is the same. Back the trailer down just short of the hubs going under. I powerload to within a foot of the winch stand then leave the boat in gear with just enough throttle so it doesn't roll back. Then I run up front, lean over the bow and attach the winch cable. Crank it tight. Then I go shut the motor off. Jump over the side attach the chain shackle to the boat and winch it up the last foot. I'm gone and out of the way in minutes before most have even figured out how to back down the ramp in a strait line.

Comment

• I am usually by myself or with one other person. I use a roller trailer with both my 224 and our 17 Key West in Florida. Technique is the same. Back the trailer down just short of the hubs going under. I powerload to within a foot of the winch stand then leave the boat in gear with just enough throttle so it doesn't roll back. Then I run up front, lean over the bow and attach the winch cable. Crank it tight. Then I go shut the motor off. Jump over the side attach the chain shackle to the boat and winch it up the last foot. I'm gone and out of the way in minutes before most have even figured out how to back down the ramp in a strait line.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X