I don't beleive what I just saw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't beleive what I just saw!

I just went to Maine Yacht-where I keep my boat.[:0][:0][:0] There are 4 boats ccompletly submerged! One of them is a nine day old 27' Wellcraft. Toally Gone!!

My buddys 24 Grady White offshore, has a 24 inch hole in the bow.The bow rail is almost gone, the rubrail was completly torn off, and both 200 Yamaha OB' are full of salt water.

The breakers were 20'+ . Boats that were in slips were catching their bows under the docks.

All of the dock boxes were ripped from the decks. The docks and slips are now all re-postioned.

There are boats that haven't been pulled yet that only the very tip of the bow is above water.

This is the first time I am glad that Annie II wasn't done and in the water.

I'll try to get some pix and post the awful outcome.

I understand the the NE Winds were blowing at 80+ knots at some points during the storm.

I still can't beleive what I saw!
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Bob, where in Maine is your club?
    [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

PICTURES!!
      1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

Portland, Falmouth line...

Bob
        Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Hey Bob, The Lord works in mysterious ways doesn't he! If it weren't for all the rain your boat may be one of them submerged vessels. Been watching the weather up there. I feel for you guys.
          Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Now you have a taste of what Fl went thru last year. Glad your's wan't one of them.

Comment

Alot can be said for keeping a boat on a trailer.
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

10-4 on that.

Comment

Yes. But, I have never caught a fish from my boat when it's on the trailer.

Once you have lived with the convenience of having it on a slip, you'll never go back. (I trusted you guys on the Hydralic Steering... You can trust me on this one...)

My trailer is at the Marina and in EVERY case when bad weather is coming I pull the boat and keep it in the Marina parking lot. It also gives me a chance to clean the bottom.

Comment

Nor'Easter... aka, sub-hurricane.

We're getting it here too.
                    Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

If your boat is in the water. Pull it!!!

Trust me ...

Bob

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by volsfan

Hey Bob, The Lord works in mysterious ways doesn't he! If it weren't for all the rain your boat may be one of them submerged vessels. Been watching the weather up there. I feel for you guys.

Unfortunately I was not so lucky, and since I was out of town, the boatyard was supposed to move my boat but did not.

Suffice it to say, this has been a bad week.
                        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I think I'm going to pull my boat now because last night the tide was so high my dock lines were stretched to the limit and tonight is going to be much worse.[:u]
                          Former 228 owner [br]77 Potter built Seacraft Sceptre [br]Leonardo N.J.[br]

Comment

Good idea. Let us know how you make out..

Comment

Here in CT we get what they call a tidel surge from the combination of the tide, the water that has been held in long Island Sound by the wind and the east winds. Just the surge can be as much as 6 to 8 ++ feet. Usually when we have one of those northeasters, I pull my boat (as someone said it's nice to have a trailer) just to make sure that nothing can happen to it. Most of the damage here is caused by the water getting to high and the complete set of fingers and docks floating away down the river with all the boats still tied to the docks. Makes quite a mess when they run aground.

Mike
                              1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X