Wiring Temp Sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Temp Sender

I have a 2004 Yamaha 115 two stroke with the 704 binnacle control and multifunction tach mounted on my Mako. I am looking for an unused wire in the harness back to the center console to use for my temp sender. The orange wire on the connector for the trim motor has nothing connected to it on the engine end of the harness, but goes into the tach back at the console. Does anyone know what this orange wire is for? It is shown on the schematic for my motor, but does not say what it is for.

I was thinking maybe some motors have a three wire trim sender. Don't know?

Thanks
    1971 17 Standard[br]Clemson SC

On the web site http://www.cmsquick.com/Tech.html, orange is described as:
    quote:

Orange - Accessory Feed: Amp Mtr to Alt or Gen Output & Acc Circuit Breaker & Switches

Quite frankly this means it can be used for whatever you want to use as an accessory (especially if it is free at both ends...just document what you've done). But temperature sender color code is going to be tan.

-Pat.
    18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Thanks Cyclops

That is the kind of info I was looking for. I will use Warthog's clear heat shrink and label method to indentify the wire. I just was afraid to do it and then find it was suppossed to be used for something else.

That is a cool site.

Thanks again
      1971 17 Standard[br]Clemson SC

Comment

Working...
      X