Which is worth more??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is worth more??

Is a 1975 23" center console with a cuddy up front worth more or less than one with out a cuddy? Which is better - given all variables are the same. Same engines, hours, condition, options etc. Opinions please.

The cuddy really takes up valuable space in front of the console. if you think you will REALLY use it then go for it. Most of the cuddys are only used on rare occasion. But when the wife wants a little privecy then its pricless. dave.
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

From what I have seen, Open boats bring more than the cuddies....popularity I think.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

The cuddy really takes up valuable space in front of the console. if you think you will REALLY use it then go for it. Most of the cuddys are only used on rare occasion. But when the wife wants a little privecy then its pricless. dave.

Privacy that involves you? [88]

I've never been on one, but from what I can tell those old Mako cuddies on the CCs are too small to be practical.
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I agree with the above.

About the only thing they're good for is storage. If you want a place for the kids to sleep or something, get a dodger and cushions, then you have the best of both worlds in a 'convertible'
          1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Agree'd with the above and above. I own a 23'er that use to be a walk around cuddy. The cuddy on my boat is enirely way too small for anything more than just storage. Man it's amazing how much junk can accumilate down there too. It's nice if the blue moon occasions when the wife is on board and needs privacy why utilizing the porta potty, but it takes forever to pull everything out and make room for her to use it. Not very comfortable for sleeping, especially if you are clusterphobic (sp?). It get's awefully stuffy inside as well even with the hatch open and a fan going inside. Going through a complete restore and the cuddy is gone. I am putting storage compartments up front with cushions if I ever want to lay down. I'll get a bow dodger eventually for more privacy.
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
            X