Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can catch fish but still a knucklhead!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can catch fish but still a knucklhead!!

Was going to not post this but...Anyone with low gunnals and no bolsters can attest to the pain..So i made my first set and i am extemely happy with them for my 232-b.Hanging them with sealed soild gunnels posted a problem but not for this genious!! I mounted bolster on s.s.piano hinge so i could lift and clean under..starboard back and it came out sharp..until i drilled pilot holes too small.. Whats best way to patch ??Where (BOBBY) can i find a little wider hinge or open to different mounting options Help!

1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Glad to see you back in action!
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

UGh! That hurt.

That hinge look's like a 1in wide unit?

How wide do you want?

The way ShipShape TV did it was install stainless T-nut's in the Starboard a thru bolt from the backside. I don't know if you can do that?

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...8192&BANNERID=

http://shop.torresen.com/shipsstore/...inless%20Steel

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10051

Comment

Andy, Call me

355-4706 h

350-2290 c

Sarasota

Jim
        June 2009 Bimini Fishing Extravaganza---------------------------------------------------------------[br][br]Photo by Martha Costa.................................. Photo By George Poveromo...........................[br][br]2005 Mainship 400 Swift Trawler, Twin 240 Yanmar\'s w/thruster [br]sales distributor of: 2010 11\' Bluewater Baby w/2011 25hp Tohatsu 4str.[br]dinghiesndavits.com [br]ex: 1975 20a Mako[br]ex: 1992 221 Mako[br]ex: 2000 George Poveromo Edition 282 Mako[br]ex: 2002 George Poveromo Edition 282 Mako[br]Sarasota / Bradenton Fl./Falmouth, Ma. Cape Cod / Andros Bahamas[br]Founding President www.ManasotaMako.com

Comment

As always.thanks guys.. bobby, see amything wrong with piano hinge idea????

Comment

Would 3m-5200 adheasive hold a large bolster on like that? Have to use good masking tape to hold it in place for a day or 2 That stuff has amazing properties. I dont believe you can get to the backside to mount any kind of fasteners. Those bolsters look good and are kind to the knees. dave
            [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

I have seen them hung usung snaps mounted on the back side. The pads on the 40 Luhrs I run are hung using an aluminum channel that is riveted to the hull. The channel accepts a bead that is sewn into the edge seam of the pad.

This is what gets sewn into the seam.

This is the track it slides into.

Check out this site to buy the supplies you would need.

http://canvasdealer.com/track_vents_clips.asp

When the job is done right the track is hidden almost entirely by the cushion.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it, but the hinge pin would be at the top and the flat part's hidden. It look's like you were going to expose part of the flat on top of the toe rail?

Most of them use the system that mako224 posted.

Comment

Manasota Mako graciously offered up..and is mailing...a system that poveromo used for his bolsters that consists of three small idiot proff pieces designed for easy removal!!Love this fourm!! Anyway.the extra width of bolsetr always us tall guys to lean with toes up to edge and will allow not only comfort ..but more balance ,not so "leaned forward"fighting these big bottom fish!Awider piano hinge is probably better..could lower bolster so hinge part is "flush"with top gunnal lip..AFTER I F...... FIX IT!!!It amazes me how much money they want for bolsters...simple ones like mine about 400.00!!total cost for mine is about 100.00..the foam cost 45.00 for 1/2 sheet...

Comment

Andy you should get them in todays mail!

I forgot to mention that the hole size is only about 1 1/4. to slide in and down.

Forgot to write down your ph #

Jim
                    June 2009 Bimini Fishing Extravaganza---------------------------------------------------------------[br][br]Photo by Martha Costa.................................. Photo By George Poveromo...........................[br][br]2005 Mainship 400 Swift Trawler, Twin 240 Yanmar\'s w/thruster [br]sales distributor of: 2010 11\' Bluewater Baby w/2011 25hp Tohatsu 4str.[br]dinghiesndavits.com [br]ex: 1975 20a Mako[br]ex: 1992 221 Mako[br]ex: 2000 George Poveromo Edition 282 Mako[br]ex: 2002 George Poveromo Edition 282 Mako[br]Sarasota / Bradenton Fl./Falmouth, Ma. Cape Cod / Andros Bahamas[br]Founding President www.ManasotaMako.com

Comment

Andy, When you get the stuff from Jim, post a pix.[:x)]

Comment

Andy, where did you get your bolsers?

I'd love some for my bow area...
                        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

I made them..I used starboard and open cell foam and material from marine surplus.The most expensive thing was the foam..S.S staples and piano hinge.Any more questions e-mail anytime..

Comment

Working...
                          X