Hey ob1jeeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey ob1jeeper

Are you in Daytona Beach this weekend. Big jeep get together called Beach Jeep Weekend or something like that. I saw the sign the other day and thought of you. Just wondering, Tony.
    Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Tony,

To my knowledge, I won't be in Florida anytime soon.

As for jeeping, I just towed my "slightly busted" Jeep home, after a little over a week of 4-wheeling in Moab, Utah with Jeeping buddies. Nothing super-major, just won't be driving it anywhere until it's got brakes again. AND, with some final trailer work to do to get the mako ready for the trip to Lake Powell next week, that brake work likely won't get attention until late June, or July.

Steve
    Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Yea...brakes are kinda important especially when you want to stop[(#)]. Good luck on the trailer....and Jeep.
      Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

Comment

Ob1, when are we going to see you on Top Truck Challenge?
        [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mrdelgado

Ob1, when are we going to see you on Top Truck Challenge?

It's not likely you'll see OB1's Jeep competing @ TTC anytime soon. Not only is it not suited for that level of competition/carnage, OB1 is not normally interested in breaking things, just to see if I can break them, which is what the magazine REALLY want's to show (sells more rags to the kids...).

Besides which, the axle shaft I broke in Moab, let go after just a tad over 420,000 miles, and I'm having some difficulties getting it warrantied by the dealer where I bought the Jeep from. Imagine that... An out of business american company, who won't stand behind thier 31 year old product, that's only been "slightly" used, only by "OB1", and to top it off ... MOSTLY only on Sunday's !!! (and a few Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and an occassional Saturday...) sigh...

PS; Pulled into the driveway at midnight last night from a 10 day trip to Lake Powell with my "newly rebuilt" 224... WHAT A GAS !!! the transom rebuild and new armstrong bracket worked out well, AND we caught a BUNCH (something over 100 per day) Striped Bass in the 6 -to- 10 lb range, as well as a bonus of a couple dozen Walleye's (most in the 2 -to- 4 lb range), a dozen or so 4-5 lb Large Mouth, and an absolute "S-load" of Smallies, ranging up to 2.5 lbs... GREAT FUN !!!

Am off to a family reunion in Missouri in the morning, so won't get back to finishing any of my in-progress projects, until early July...

See you guys then...

OB1
          Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Working...
          X