Mako Madness '05 Pixs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako Madness '05 Pixs

Here are some photos from our 1st Mako Madness gathering in Destin Florida. The fishing wasn't great, but we learned alot and most importantly had a great time on the water. It was great to meet these guys and hopefully next year we'll have a few more boats involved, as well as a few more kids getting involved.

You'll see in the pics that its such a beautiful place to do some boating and enjoy the sun. I have a keen eye for Mako hulls, so there are a few boats in these pics that weren't accociated with our gathering, but maybe in future years we can get them involved. Except the Law Enforcement Mako... but it was a nice looking Mako hull and I had to take a pix.[]

Ryan (MakoMyDay) at the helm, Bobby (Warthog) riding along side...

Bobby, Ryan, Henry looking for baitfish...

Yours Truly working the cast net...

Bobby working the Cobia bait...

A misc. Mako with a closed transom/bracket...

Ryan and Bobby on the Intrepid, A sweet Regulator 32 packed with chicks...

Matt's Mako 25 (mist-oprtuna-t)...

Another misc. Mako with chicks and twin Johnny-Zukis...

The Man in his Mako ruining someones day...

Dave (Michigan Dave), Tim, and Bobby working on Patrick's (Patrick B) lowerunit.

Dave and Tim...

Patrick (Patrick B) and Jim (ManasotaMako) working on the lower unit...

Jim (ManasotaMako), Patrick (Patrick B), and Erin (Patrick B's bride)... The Sea Buzzard flys again!

Jim (ManasotaMako), Martha (Mrs. ManasotaMAko), and Patrick (Patrick B)

A misc. Mako in Destin pass... Its a 261..

Atrie's Boat (RudeAttitude) and Whisky River beached at the point...

A Mako 314 anchored in Destin...

Dave (Michagan Dave), Tim, & Brenda... Martha, Bobby, and Stephen (Sailor)

Conlin (Sailor's young fella) and Martha... Brenda and Candace (Mrs. Sailor)

Dave (Michagan Dave) and Patrick (Patrick B) cleaning some dinner...

Srephen (Sailor) at the grill with Lance

Stephen (Sailor), Artie (RudeAttitude) with his back to us, Artie's wife (Again forgot name), Michagan Dave with his back to us at the truck...

Bobby (Warthog), Ryan (MakoMyDay), and myself in the background...

Jim (ManasotaMako) taking a photo

Matt (mist-oprtuna-t) and Scott Sutherland (Skeeter Bug)

Richard's (Richard) Mako 17 bought from this forum (Kjndiver's boat)...

MakoMyDay's Intrepid

The Mississippi group on the beach (Maybe Artie can help me with names) I think Scott is in the water wet sanding over spray off of the RudeAttitude...

Stephen (sailor) and myself presenting awards...

Largest Fish Overall & Junior Division Winner: Tim Hodson (MichiganDaves son) 4.4 pound bonita

Oddest Fish: Lance Moreland - Remora

Bottom Slam: Tim Hodson - Bonita, Snapper, Spanish Mackeral

Largest Fish: Henry Pecue III - large Remora

Largest Fish: Patrick Barber (PatrickB) - flounder caught in 120 feet of water!

Hard Luck award: Patrick Barber (PatrickB) - blown lower unit... Award presented by Jim (ManasotaMako) and donated by M&D Lures.

Inshore Slam: Artie Sutherland - Several Red Snappers

Oddest Fish: Erin Barber (PatrickB's wife) Squirrel Fish

Farthest Traveled: Hodson Family (MichiganDave)

Sportsman Award: Jim (ManasotaMako) and Martha Costa

Golden Ring Award: Eddie Ring (Golden Ring award is a perpetual award for the person who greatly contributes to the world of owning a Mako.)

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Great photos Ed! Lots of very cool boats!

Errrrr... and owners. Cool owners too! []

So... did you catch any fish?
    Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

looks like everybody had fun! congrats on pulling it off!
      Past:[br]1988 Mako 230[br]1987 Mako 20C (best of them all)[br][br]1974 Mako 15[br]Miami, FL[br]

Comment

Man when the pix's that Jim and his wife took got combined with your pix's it all came out OUTSTANDING!id="size6">id="blue">

Comment

Yep I have to agree with Bobby OUTSTANDING
          Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

heres a few of my pics. to add to the album.

after this one Patrick took over the fish cleaning(thanks man)

great time had by all!!!dave
            [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Hey Dave, Time to change your siginature, since one boat sold on Ebay last weekend.[:x)]

Comment

great job ed......looks like a great time...nice pics.....jim[]
                www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

Yep! It looks like you guys and gals had a great time. Congratulations on a successful tourny.

Cliff
                  Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

wow.... looks like everyone had a blast. I'm bumbed I could be there, would loved to have met everyone. I missed out for nothing too. My tennis team lost in 3 on Saturday during the semi-finals so I didn't even get to play. [:-(]

Ed, sorry this maybe some work but can you go through and put some names by the faces so we can all relate just a little bit more?

thanks
                    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

I did the best I could with names... I put in an email to Sailor to help me out with what I missed as well as Who went with what award.

Sailor did a great job making the awards... Home made plaques made from Teak! Awesome![)][)][)]

Comment

cool, start with those two really silly looking guys that keeps hogging the pictures. Man those two must really love having their pictures taken... The one the blue shirt has nice teeth though...Must have a really good dentist.... [:x)][:x)][:x)]

seriously though.

Those plaques are nice. I noticed them earlier and was about to ask where you got them from.
                        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

I have updated the names yet again... Sorry for any confusion. Please contact me if there are any corrections.

Comment

Looks like a great time. Good to see some of your faces close too. Nice boats fellas [8D] Congrats on a great event.

Strick
                            Oakley, California

Comment

Ring, thanks for the names.... I went through the pics again and it was like seeing them new. I love that I can put a face behind the names now. You definately deserve the Golden Ring. Matt your my kinda guy, I'm always the guy getting the double fisted beer award.

Comment

Working...
                              X