Fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line

I inspected my fuel fill and fuel vent and found that they are both the approved rubber lines. It seems as if they are original since they are enclosed in the foam. Does anyone else have this type as original equipment. Every comment I've read on this site says that the original lines are usually aluminum or some other type of metal.
    Al Caletri[br]1987 26\' Mako CC[br]Narragansett, RI

It typically start's at the fuel fill with a piece of rubber hose. That connect's to the alum tube. Then rubber again from that alum tube to the tank neck fitting.

Comment

It is possible that I have that typical installation but the rubber hose from the tank end goes right into the foam and that is at least a 15 or 16 inch run of rubber. I'll have to cut into the glass bulkhead between the port stern "saddle" well and the compartment that houses the outboard side of the fuel fill and vent. If there is a tube, I should be able to see it there.
      Al Caletri[br]1987 26\' Mako CC[br]Narragansett, RI

Comment

Take a look under the gas fill on the gunnel. There should be an access port (usually covered with a piece of teak inside the boat) the You should see a short piece of rubber going to an AL tube that rund down the side (under the gunnel)
        1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Darn computers - always doing what you don't want. To finish up: If you don't see AL tube from there you may need to remove some foam but it should be there. The tube runs down then turns 90 degrees toward the tank (welded 90 degree turn) and then goes most of the wy to the tank. It is usually right at the edge of the tank coffin or slightly under the floor is where the connection from the rubber hosed to the AL tube is made. Hope this helps -

Mike

Comment

If you replace these hoses make sure that they are USCG approved(FOR FUEL!) and they need to meet SAE J-1942 with (2)1/2" wide clamps. Make sure that you install a sleeve and not let the hose "ride" on the fiberglass bulkhead cut-out.
            Richie L.[br]Biloxi, Mississippi

Comment

Very good point about the dual clamps and the sleeve chafing guard. You should also read the active thread about replacing the gas tank in a '74 Mako.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X